Best Overlay poker tournaments

ChipEaterMan

ChipEaterMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where can I find the best overlay poker tournaments?

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was sunday warm up 2 weeks ago with around 1200 players for 500.000 $ : that was an error when creating the tournament on pokerstars with no late registration, either most of the sites make sure when they garantee a tournament that they will reach the prize pool :(

Ditcho

Ditcho

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where can I find the best overlay poker tournaments?

Hello.

I see that you specified as the preferred type of Poker and Omaha. This is a good option for the game plan, because in this poker branch no such influx/volume of people as in Hold'em. Accordingly, in omaha poker variant with some good skill on your part your chance to win more often than in Hold'em. So at least I think I do. Another plus for Omaha to Hold'em is a very small number of "players" involved in it who have no skills, and rely only on luck and are from the so-called "geeks". As for the tournaments overall. I have to judge where you feel best, where you win and from there to stop a specific poker room.

Success!

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was sunday warm up 2 weeks ago with around 1200 players for 500.000 $ : that was an error when creating the tournament on pokerstars with no late registration, either most of the sites make sure when they garantee a tournament that they will reach the prize pool :(

They dont always reach the guarantee.

But its more and more uncommon to find huge overlays.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In effect, the simplest way to have an overlay is to be +EV. If you have a skill advantage such that you expect to win more on average than you pay to play, it effectively means you have your own personal overlay.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In effect, the simplest way to have an overlay is to be +EV. If you have a skill advantage such that you expect to win more on average than you pay to play, it effectively means you have your own personal overlay.

Thats not the same thing as an overlay though...

C

credsfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Ummm no. Playing games with overlays will increase you ev but if you play games you have an edge in it does not give you a personal overlay it just means you will win more.

S

Scrover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know Full Tilt sometimes have an overlay in their big tournaments. Well, not huge ones like the Sunday Warmup error, but most tournaments they seem to just make the guarantee. Pokerstars always seem to bash their guarantees so for overlays, it is not a great place to go to especially for No Limit Holdem and Omaha.

In the US, I honestly have no idea and can't give and answer to that.

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see that you are playing on fulltilt too, the best overlay tournament is in FT points, where you can buy entries for 1000 or 2000, play with 5 or 6 players to get a tournament ticket worth 45000 points (especially in the early morning for CET )

T

T_slu4ay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, sometimes its sats to badugy or triple draw on MicroMillions or SCOOP. The good overlay is also in PokerCast Listeners on Sundays

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Surprisingly i played in some micro tournaments with overlay on PokerStars, which happens normally very rarely, for instance this:

PokerStars Tournament #904227659, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $2.00/$0.20 USD
2128 players
$744.00 USD added to the prize pool by PokerStars
Total Prize Pool: $5000.00 USD
Tournament started 2014/05/09 16:15:00 ET

Dear Daniel72ko,

You finished the tournament in 83rd place. A USD 8.00 award has been credited to your real money account.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today i saw, they lowered the guarantees for the $2.20 5k (16:15 ET) and the $2.75 4k (17:00 ET) on PokerStars down to 4k and 3k.
Maybe there was too often an overlay recently..

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today i saw, they lowered the guarantees for the $2.20 5k (16:15 ET) and the $2.75 4k (17:00 ET) on PokerStars down to 4k and 3k.
Maybe there was too often an overlay recently..
FULL TILT have done the same thing. :eek:
Not many Guarantee's left in the microstakes :( & the 55c level has gone. :mad:

Z

zingbust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't speak for the rest of the world, but for U.S. players, try the Winning Poker Network. Recently there were overlays there on some of their tourneys.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now it is only just 2k and 1.5k GTD for the mentioned tourneys above, what happens on my favourite room Stars, maybe it is because of the wsop?!