Aurora turned off

J

jimmiandersen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is aurora on pokerstars turned off for anyone else or just me? I just logged in today to see if anything had changed, and it is finally gone.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps the poker stars have listened to the opinions of many players about the incorrect work of Aurora

J

jimmiandersen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps the poker stars have listened to the opinions of many players about the incorrect work of Aurora

I hope so. Before making another deposit I asked support if it was temporary or if aurora will be forced upon us again. Unfortunately support didn't know if it will be forced upon us again later. So I made a small deposit and if they force it upon us again I will withdraw every cent and go back to partypoker.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could it be?

Is this the option to turn aurora off, has it really returned? I still have throwables turned on and they work. I didnt think it was possible to have aurora off yet have throwables on.

What is going on here?

Attachments

• tmp a.jpg
    tmp a.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 132
J

jimmiandersen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this the option to turn aurora off, has it really returned? I still have throwables turned on and they work. I didnt think it was possible to have aurora off yet have throwables on.

What is going on here?

The option to turn off should be under table graphics. I have it turned off, and throwables under table animation is turned on but no throwables for me because that is part of aurora. I am just happy that I now have the old version back again. Aurora is so bad that it is aurora off for me or bye bye Pokerstars.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The option to turn off should be under table graphics. I have it turned off, and throwables under table animation is turned on but no throwables for me because that is part of aurora. I am just happy that I now have the old version back again. Aurora is so bad that it is aurora off for me or bye bye Pokerstars.
I dont see a section named table graphics. The only have these settings and the only mention of Aurora is in animation.

Attachments

• tmp a.jpg
    tmp a.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 117
J

jimmiandersen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont see a section named table graphics. The only have these settings and the only mention of Aurora is in animation.

I have it below announcements, but it looks like you don't. Weird.

J

jimmiandersen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Udklip.png

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And for me it would be better if this Aurora never existed. I didn't like the new program. I turned everything off in it.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't checked. I have no problem on my normal computer but on slower computer it was causing problems. I assume they have been losing traffic if they have reversed their decision. Off to check. Will be a great help if my main computer is tied up.

Edit. just checked and no option to disable.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I haven't checked. I have no problem on my normal computer but on slower computer it was causing problems. I assume they have been losing traffic if they have reversed their decision. Off to check. Will be a great help if my main computer is tied up.

Edit. just checked and no option to disable.

Thanks for checking.

I'm pretty sure we would've heard about this prior to this thread :(

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She is like 2 months already on an ongoing basis. I have only heard the negative opinions of the players about her. Even on good computers everything freezes. For example, if I open 5-6 tournaments, pain and suffering begin. I play 4 tables. How much I miss the old engine, you would know :(

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars aurora

Since the new aurora software I’ve had issues where I get disconnected and lose my money and not even play the table I registered for. The screen pulses on and off and then freezes.They helped once and refunded me. It happened again 1 week later and they seem that they refunded me before so they didn’t refund me this time. I sent all log files and they came up with the reason that the server that sends out packets to there server were corrupt. Internet providers change there ip addresses so when there is an issue it switches your connection which drops you off PokerStars. Poker stars stated that you should contact your provider for a dynamic ip address which when contacted said no can do. PokerStars says in their policy that they are not responsible for anything due to disconnection. I run a ping in the background but I still lose it once in a while.
Bottom line if everyone has a static ip and when there is corrupt file packets you will lose connection and you will lose your place on the table unless you are fast enough to get logged back on.
Good luck

J

JEN005

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have the option to switch to the classic theme. My guess is that the client checks if the machine is powerful enough to run Aurora, and if yes they disable the option to turn if off. I have a powerful laptop so I'm kind of 'unlucky' since I really don't like Aurora.
I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling multiple times but it doesn't help.

Last edited:
EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have the uk version and I don't have the option, I was hopeful when I read this topic, now I'm deflated again

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have the uk version and I don't have the option, I was hopeful when I read this topic, now I'm deflated again

I don't think many (any?) have the option to turn it off. (none that I've heard of aside from Jimmi)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's sort of amusing. They refuse to consider going back, but clearly they know it not's working for everyone:

f435ffd259e71c4243d5c6d83a6f5e79.png

This is priceless!!!
Would be great to have this message posted all over social media.
Aurora is such a HUGE fail :( And surely they must be losing money because of it. I know I play ~10% as often on there now as I did prior to the mandatory Aurora and I've read about many who aren't able to play or who have issues with the software regularly. (I don't have any disconnects, lags, etc. BUT just the display is so poor I don't enjoy playing on it now)

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is priceless!!!
Would be great to have this message posted all over social media.
Aurora is such a HUGE fail :( And surely they must be losing money because of it. I know I play ~10% as often on there now as I did prior to the mandatory Aurora and I've read about many who aren't able to play or who have issues with the software regularly. (I don't have any disconnects, lags, etc. BUT just the display is so poor I don't enjoy playing on it now)

Well to make matters worse (I had a thread a few weeks ago alerting people they could switch back and forth for a limited period) the godawful Christmas theme table which played on my computer over the last few weeks has now reverted back to the truly horrible basic Aurora graphics- did so mid-game yesterday.

No option for anything and my computer was six months old when this fiasco originally started (I actually have two new laptops and Aurora works on neither). I have no technical difficulties it is just the entire experience is a faded screen with graphics as ugly as all hell.