Anyone have good luck at ACR?

T

twiztedtony

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've lately just been getting bad beat after bad beat. Playing solid getting it in with better hands but then losing on the river or turn. The cash game seems impossible. It's like they always know they have a better hand. Maybe I need to tighten up. But I've tried looser and tighter and neither help.
Is it just me or is acr rigged?

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Variance is at all sites, not just ACR..

Played a lot of sites, had about the same variance; it all evened out. Get on a lucky streak, you can't lose, regardless of the site. If it's a tourney, you go through cycles of winning and losing, during tourney, and time spent at the site.
I have had normal variance playing at acr, but that's just my observation. Your question will get a lot of replies. Take all answers, average it out, there's your empirical answer.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have been badbeated in every site i have played,it is part of the game. In ACR i open an acount and manage to get it to 100 dolars playing the freebuy series last year and playing the CC freerolls.

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me I have bad days where i stop playing if I have good hands and they don't hit. and some one that calls with hands that should have been folded. when i'm done playing poker i go play online games.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone? Yes. All my opponents...!

There is no badbeat without someone getting lucky a lot...
But you need a really large sample of hands to expect statistical outcome.
For shorter time frames you will always find sessions in which you can't seem to win a pot and others where you flop the nuts with whatever 2 cards you start with....

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've lately just been getting bad beat after bad beat. Playing solid getting it in with better hands but then losing on the river or turn. The cash game seems impossible. It's like they always know they have a better hand. Maybe I need to tighten up. But I've tried looser and tighter and neither help.
Gggg

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Variance at it's finest. Whether it's ACR, another online site, in-person play, doesn't matter. You win some, you lose some, you get super lucky at times, and sometimes you lose in brutal situations as well. Like any game with some luck involved, there are ebbs and flows of great times and struggles.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After years of playing the freerolls, I made my first deposit last week because I was bored sitting at home. I ran $100 up to almost $500 in two days playing mostly the blitz poker on my phone. I also finished third in the first MTT I played in, a $6 bounty and won about $180 from that. Now it's dropped back to about $350. Gotta stop playing blitz poker during breaks at work.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There are days when the ACR algorithm appears to function in a dubious manner...but how would that be any different to all other sites? I have never believed in the idea RNGs to produce truly random deals...I accept it for what it is.

In term of luck, I 'feel' fine with ACR because all I play is freerolls, so I am never not ahead - and I am grateful to ACR for the opportunity. I am not sure why more people do not take this approach, particularly if one has reservations about a specific site. Sort of balances the perspective if you can only ever gain...

S

SirTomato

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Variance is at all sites, not just ACR..

Played a lot of sites, had about the same variance; it all evened out. Get on a lucky streak, you can't lose, regardless of the site. If it's a tourney, you go through cycles of winning and losing, during tourney, and time spent at the site.
I have had normal variance playing at acr, but that's just my observation. Your question will get a lot of replies. Take all answers, average it out, there's your empirical answer.

When I first signed up around Feb 2022, I played a lot of tourneys small, and mid, and lost constantly, I assumed players are calling loosely, with the dumbest hands and catching it. So I started buying in higher buy ins, still lost no matter what, then couple months later , I won in the smallest ever tourny I got first place $4.60 , other tournaments even if I get to top 10 somehow , I never make it to the end, then it was lose lose lose, I play slots here and there , had about 17 bucks left thought I go burn it at the slots, surprisingly that $17 turned into $650, cashed out and now thinking to never go back unless I am gona play few cents to waste time. Because spent waaaay too much money, close to 8K deposited and wins , not worth mentioning, be safe, and carful, because no way, someone with a J4 off Suit, would call an all in, knowing I only play premium hands and throw risk throw away their entire tournament UNLESS they know they're gona win..somehow. Good luck ya'll.

AA

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to register at different poker rooms. When the bad luck streaks start happening, you'll just move to another room. I've tried this before.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I first signed up around Feb 2022, I played a lot of tourneys small, and mid, and lost constantly, I assumed players are calling loosely, with the dumbest hands and catching it. So I started buying in higher buy ins, still lost no matter what, then couple months later , I won in the smallest ever tourny I got first place $4.60 , other tournaments even if I get to top 10 somehow , I never make it to the end, then it was lose lose lose, I play slots here and there , had about 17 bucks left thought I go burn it at the slots, surprisingly that $17 turned into $650, cashed out and now thinking to never go back unless I am gona play few cents to waste time. Because spent waaaay too much money, close to 8K deposited and wins , not worth mentioning, be safe, and carful, because no way, someone with a J4 off Suit, would call an all in, knowing I only play premium hands and throw risk throw away their entire tournament UNLESS they know they're gona win..somehow. Good luck ya'll.
I have checked your profile on sharkscope for ACR, and your results are indeed terrible. In fact they are some of the worst, I have ever seen. So if you want to give up and find another hobby, thats totally fine. But if you do decide to play again, you need to understand, that the reason for your terrible results is mainly the way, you play. Its not, because other people play poorly for instance to loose. In fact that makes it easier to win not more difficult. And its also not, because you are getting cheated. Other players do not know, which cards are coming, and the RNG is not rigged against you. These are just excuses for not looking at the real problem, which is the way, you play.

So if you want to play again, first of all you must take the game serious and begin to study. The CC "become a winning poker player in 30 days" is a good place to begin. Good poker strategy is a bit more complicated than just playing good starting hands. In your last 8 tournaments you have an awfull lot of very early finishes like 253/260, 80/82 and 133/134. This will happen to everybody now and then, but when it happen so often to you, it could be an indication, that you overplay hands postflop, when stacks are deep.

You cant win a tournament in the early phase, but you can lose it, and going bust this early should really only happen, if you run into some kind of big cooler like KK vs. AA or set over set. It should not happen, because you stack off an overpair and run into a hand like J4 offsuit, which made two pair or trips (or even a boat).

Another potential issue might be, that you are simply to tight and/or passive in the mid and late stages. Then your stack will tend to get short, and when you finally pick up a big hand and get it in, you need to win, because otherwise you are out of the tournament. Whereas a looser and/or more aggressive player might have built a big stack by winning many small to medium sized pots without showdown, so that he can afford to have his AK cracked by JTs without busting from the tournament.

When you have done some study, then its time to make an investment of around 100$ in a tracker like PT4. This is for storing all your hand histories for future analysis and also keep track of your results. And for the HUD on sites like ACR, that allow it. And then you need to build up a track record. You do that by depositing a small amount of money like 100-200$ and then grind away at the lowest stakes cash games or SnGs offered. On ACR I would suggest 2NL cash games or 1,5$ SnGs.

And then you keep on doing this, until you have won at least 50 buyins. So 100$ in 2NL cash games or 75$ in 1,5$ SnGs. Then you move to the next level and repeat. And then to the next taking it step by step. If you are beating either 10NL cash games or 5$ SnGs, thats the time you can consider to move back to MTTs, and at that point you should limit yourself to something like 5,5$ MTTs, until you have at least a 10% ROI over the last 1.000 games.

It is definitely possible to beat online micro or low stakes games, but it require a bit more than just to sit down and play tight and complain about your bad beats. I have only played around 175 tournaments on ACR, since its not my main site, but my results over this small sample are pretty decent, and I have no reason what so ever to think, the site is rigged.

Last edited:
LordSutch69

LordSutch69

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are days when the ACR algorithm appears to function in a dubious manner...but how would that be any different to all other sites? I have never believed in the idea RNGs to produce truly random deals...I accept it for what it is.

In term of luck, I 'feel' fine with ACR because all I play is freerolls, so I am never not ahead - and I am grateful to ACR for the opportunity. I am not sure why more people do not take this approach, particularly if one has reservations about a specific site. Sort of balances the perspective if you can only ever gain...
Freerolls at ACR are there for 1 reason, to lure in the suckers and donks to thinking they are good so they will deposit. The sad news is they will never build on that site and probably lose the money they deposit. That site was designed for one thing and one thing only, to make money and they could care less if you get scammed or hacked. Word of advice, when the day comes that you do get scammed don't piss them off like I did when they took me for $300, they put me on a list to never win hands again because now anytime i do play there, I never can even win one hand for some strange reason lmao programmed poker %100

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
instead of looser or tighter have you tried Eagle?or GTO?

S

s2w2a

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing on Black Chip Poker which is the same network as ACR.

I play micro stakes PLO on several different sites but have yet to have a winning cash session on Black Chip Poker.

On, other sites I have been able to double up most of the time but not on Black Chip...

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA not good vs 73 suited. Just busted out to a river 1 outer to straight flush but it's not rigged. Much, lol.

J

Johnny9Nine

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
AA not good vs 73 suited. Just busted out to a river 1 outer to straight flush but it's not rigged. Much, lol.

No doubt it hurts. Sorry, mate.

Do consider: 73 hearts will win 18% of the time vs AA dark. Roughly 1/5 times. It is not like getting struck by lightening; it is not evidence of "rigged." It is poker.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do consider: 73 hearts will win 18% of the time vs AA dark. Roughly 1/5 times. It is not like getting struck by lightening; it is not evidence of "rigged." It is poker.
Or slightly more often, than 1 will come on a dice with 6 sides. And I dont think, anybody would find it extraordinary or claim, the dice is rigged, because they hit a 1. So what happen in poker is usually the result of entitlement. When people lose to a bad hand, they often feel, the opponent played poorly and "deserved" to lose. But this is strictly an emotional reaction, because the cold math says, that 73s is more likely to crack AA than AKs and almost as likely as KK.

Moreover in the larger scheme of things bad beats are, what keep the games alive. If bad players could never have a winning session or experience a deep run in a tournament, then they would either quit the game or begin to study and improve. And then only the very best players in the world would have a chance to make as much as a dollar in the long run. So anyone, who is serious about poker, need to make peace with bad beats and learn to laugh it off, when bad players put a bad beat on them.

Last edited:

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have the same problem, I get bad beat all the time. And when playing on different poker rooms. I don't know what to do. This has been going on for five months now.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that every site you can get bad beats but you just have to take them and move on