This is a discussion on Anyone else considering leaving or already left Ignition Casino Poker? within the online poker forums, in the Poker Rooms section; In a recent post I noted that Ignition Poker is experiencing significant connection issues, lag, freeze ups, etc over the past few weeks. While this
Anyone else considering leaving or already left Ignition Casino Poker?
In a recent post I noted that Ignition Poker is experiencing significant connection issues, lag, freeze ups, etc over the past few weeks. While this alone isn't enough to make me want to no longer play on a site, these other issues over the past few months have left me wondering if Ignition is going downhill and if the anonymous poker table experiment started by Bovada will come to a close. As some of you know i had some success at Bovada before it changed to Ignition and even as Ignition, I saw some small successes early on in a bankroll challenge. But after some recent updates something just doesn't seem right on this poker room anymore.
Has anyone else stopped playing there or considered stopping because of these things:
- Loss of cash game table lists and stats , you simply pick your format and stakes and get seated at a random table.
- When it changed to Ignition, the FPP rate was reduced. And while they never had rakeback, the lack of any type of rewards besides some tickets points makes me wonder if I should stick to sites I have rakeback deals on.
- No more deposit bonuses cleared by poker playing.
- Loss of DON and Triple Up SNGs
- Increased connection issues leading to loss of seats at tables, loss of entire tables, delays of up to 15-20 seconds before river card falls, auto folding of hands, etc. Seems to happen most often in cash games.
- Noticable decrease in amount of tourneys, the gtd amts, and number of players playing them. Still the best/highest gtds for US facing sites but seems like a lot of nightly tournaments have vanished, more small ones cancelled due to lack of players, higher buy ins for the lower gtd amounts.
- And this last one is very subjective, but for past month or so I've noticed a distinct change in the player base. Site has always been loose and fishy, but seeing a lot of players shoving pre with junk and flopping massively, seen a lot of players chasing or even shoving their 2-4% outers and getting there very often. Obviously it's poker and things happen, but the amount of sick beats in past month there have been a little excessive. It concerns me a bit since there's no user names and collusion has always been a concern at this site.
So what are people's thoughts?
I've considered keeping my account open and just using it for MTTs since they still offer great prize pools and none of that excessive late reg or unlimited rebuy stuff even if the buy ins are increasing while the prizes decrease). But at same time I've become more concerned about decreases in traffic, the still anonymous user base and lack of seeing active cash games, the loss of table selection, and loss of formats.
10th June 2017, 3:00 AM
Online Poker at: Bovada/BCP
To clarify to decrease in MTTs, my primary concern is them decreasing amounts while increasing buy ins to cover/address too much overlay which from what I can glean from online searching, is concerning because a drop in traffic means less coverage of guarantees which isn't sustainable long term unless they change the structures and/or reduce prizes.
15th June 2017, 12:57 PM
Poker at: pokerstars
It has never played in casinos and frankly something not very desirable.
15th June 2017, 10:57 PM
re: Poker & Anyone else considering leaving or already left Ignition Casino Poker?
Never did play much at bodog/bovada/ignition. was just never a big fan of the software.
16th June 2017, 8:23 AM
Yes, I essentially stopped playing there. Took issue with many issues you brought up, including the more recent ones.
I didn't get all of my Bovada money transferred over to Ignition and BOTH sides said I had to talk to the other to get it straightened out. = Ridiculous
Then I was told that I had all these tickets in my account and I'm playing in whatever tournaments with tickets and then blasting off in side games thinking I have all this extra ammunition for later events and after like maybe 2-3 events POOF they were gone. I've only bothered to deposit once, although I have tried plenty of times. It makes no sense to me why I've literally SEEN plenty of others use their cards, but none of mine have ever worked. Okay, I guess you don't want my money.
Plus, you're not giving me any other opportunities to build up a roll to punt off to whomever you'd prefer down the road when there are no public freerolls. I mean, I've always said that ACRap thinking they're doing this HUGE public service with $10 frees no more than every 30 minutes is laughable. The sponsored frees are where the real value lay. Yet, even something as small as this has never been offered by Ignition (as far as I know).
The GUI used for table selection just feels way too video game-esque for me. It's a turn-off. I still have it installed on here, for now, but I've probably logged on there more often to F around with play money in table games (tri-card poker, let it ride, Caribbean poker) which can be slightly entertaining when super bored and watch the completely unrealistic ROI and hourly rates that are suggested when doing this.