Any betonline winners?

S

Saiyanking

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello I am writing this thread looking for some help in just a few people that are winners on BOL. I have been playing on there for a few months maybe 6 (I bit less lately cause it has been during my school semester) and besides getting my account from 100 to around 500 I have dont nothing but what feels like get limited by the cards.it feels like every time I win a bit I lose it right back on some ridiculous hand. I know bad players always feel the cards are against them so I dont want to hear and oh whatever its you I just want to know if there is anyone here consistently getting money from this site. I know it could be me but I ran my initial deposit up in a week and ever since cant seem to do anything without getting knocked back down by the cards

J

jigglypuff99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As someone who has only played on Betonline with free roll money, I can say that i've had a little bit of success on it. I mainly play small stakes sit n goes, which actually have a bit of competition in them from other people who don't deposit

C

Chandla

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BetOnline?!

What Is Your Opinions On Playing On BetOnline? I Continue To See Outrageous hands Being Hit On River With Less Than 2 Percent equity. I Decided To Only Play freerolls And Never Deposit To That Site Anymore.

Jguar

Jguar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never played there...they have freerolls often? and whats the price pool like?

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What Is Your Opinions On Playing On BetOnline? I Continue To See Outrageous Hands Being Hit On River With Less Than 2 Percent Equity. I Decided To Only Play Freerolls And Never Deposit To That Site Anymore.

I don't like it as it's not a linux friendly site, otherwise, I'm not understanding the question: "I Continue To See Outrageous Hands Being Hit On River With Less Than 2 Percent Equity". Is this an accusation that they're doing something that's not honest? If these players are always taking such hands to the river, then I'd say it looks like a gigantic aquarium -- more fish than Sea World.

Is this just confirmation bias? One or two-out miracle draws on the riv tend to stand out, especially if you're the one getting felted. How many times do such players lose and you don't notice?

I'm awfully leery of claims of online site dishonesty. It's hard to believe claims that the whole site's out to get you. Given the sheer volume every day, strange, odds-defying, things are going to happen however improbable.

Jguar

Jguar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I don't like it as it's not a Linux friendly site, otherwise, I'm not understanding the question: "I Continue To See Outrageous Hands Being Hit On River With Less Than 2 Percent Equity". Is this an accusation that they're doing something that's not honest? If these players are always taking such hands to the river, then I'd say it looks like a gigantic aquarium -- more fish than Sea World.

Is this just confirmation bias? One or two-out miracle draws on the riv tend to stand out, especially if you're the one getting felted. How many times do such players lose and you don't notice?

I'm awfully leery of claims of online site dishonesty. It's hard to believe claims that the whole site's out to get you. Given the sheer volume every day, strange, odds-defying, things are going to happen however improbable.
LOL Seaworld! I love that!

themrsmith

themrsmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing freerolls on betonline all month and haven't noticed any extraordinary hands being played. I can't even recall one that seemed suspicious.

V

vwls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chandla, I like BetOnline, as do many others. They are ranked number one by CardsChat, and their integrity is undisputed by every credible source that I have found.

EDIT: When I consider OHBHOR ("Outrageous Hands Being Hit On River"), I think of all of the times that I fold a "trash" hand that would have flopped a Full House or rivered Quads. When that happens, I sigh and forget about it, because I know that it was better for me to fold that hand now than to play it every time, in hopes of achieving the same result. When it happens to other players, it makes sense to me, because I know that some players play those random hands that I wouldn't, and I am confident that it results in a loss for them much more often than not. Also, these things may happen more in freerolls, because freeroll players have nothing to lose by playing those hands every time. They can do so with impunity.

Jguar, BetOnline is great. They are the only site that has what can be considered "micro" stakes across the board. Unlike other sites that have comparable micro cash game offerings, BOL also has Sit-n-Gos and Tournaments with buy-ins as low as $0.05, some with no fee or rake. As for the cash offerings, BOL always has good traffic. Winning Poker Network (ACR/BCP) tables have many low-traffic hours in a day. At times when there is only one full-ring NL2 table running on WPN, there can be upwards of ten going on BOL.

The BOL software compared to WPN would be considered lackluster by some, but I consider them to be on par in functionality, with a cosmetic edge going to WPN. The major discontinuity would be BOL's bet meter (I'm not sure what to call it). You can't type an amount on BOL. There is only a scroll bar and the 1/2, pot, etc. buttons. It's easy enough to scroll in cash games, but it makes bet sizing look wonky in tournaments, and it is slightly more time-consuming than typing, in both formats. With all of that said about the software, it is far inferior to Bovada and Megre, but I am comparing BOL to its closest neighbor.

The freeroll offerings are frequent but very different from WPN. BOL has a different freeroll every hour. They have prize pools from $10 to $300, throughout the day. So, while WPN freerolls are nearly constant, you will find larger prize pools on BOL. I'm pretty sure that they are on a regular rotation, but I don't know exactly what the rotation is. The "$200 European Nooner" happens every day at 0601 EST and the "$300 Nooner" happens daily at 1201 EST. Interspersed through the rest of the day are $10, $25, $50, and $100 ones, with the first three occurring the most often, and they are all scheduled on the eleventh minute of every hour.

Last edited:
G

GoldCaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Betonline is #1. I honestly can't believe so many people waste their time with freerolls thought. Make a deposit! I'm sure they won't let you cash out til you make one anyways sooo....

V

vwls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GoldCaps, it is because they are a free way to not only build an initial bankroll, but also to gain experience without spending money. If your first deposit goes bust, then you just spent however much. If the $25 that you built of from freerolls goes bust, then nothing was lost, and you may now have the experience needed to manage a first deposit wisely, and that's just one example. Also, with little experience, a player will not be able to take full advantage of a first deposit bonus. I recently read a CardsChat blog post about this idea, and I found that I was in agreement with everything stated therein. The author's reasoning is sound.

G

GoldCaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems like all anyone talks about on here are freerolls.. no one discusses any real play. Bol offers a sng challenge where they pay out the top 20 at the middle and end of month with a prize pool of 50k. They also offer rake promotion s for cash play and also offer a 2k tournament for top 100 in mtt leaderboards.

H

hkoch7

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As i used to build my bankroll 'starting from the bottom', I think people like me do it for the experience, and to play without the risk using their own personal assets. It is definitely an enjoyable challenge, though stressful at times

H

hkoch7

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, these drops you experience are due to natural variance. All poker players experience have high and lows in their journey to increase their bankroll. It has nothing to do with betonline. Study healthy BRM if you want to learn how to reduce this variance as much as possible.

V

vwls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remember this is gambling. Man up and deposit

The idea behind poker being a game of skill, rather than entirely gambling, is that a player should put their money in when the odds are--or at least they think they are--in their favor. Building from a small roll without initially investing your own money means that the odds are always in your favor to not lose your own money. Depositing on a site with little poker experience ensures that the odds will not be in your favor. Freerolls are not the only thing that people talk about on this site, and many of the Freeroll threads have several people trying to discourage beginners from playing in them. It takes a stronger will to put in the work towards building a bankroll through experience than to deposit money with little experience. Also, most players, and I would hope all players, are not discussing freerolls because they want to play them forever. Freerolls--or even a single freeroll--are a first step towards a larger goal. A beginning player won't be able to take advantage of a site's promotions without the experience needed to play consistently well and earn points, or whatever other type of scoring is needed.

It seems like all anyone talks about on here are freerolls.. no one discusses any real play.

I am in a randomly grumpy mood, and I don't feel like being cordial about this. Your above statement is wholly untrue and over exaggerated, and to speak this way is a disservice to the players here who are willing to work hard to achieve their goals and also to the players who play freerolls just for the fun of it. Freerolls are a part of poker, and there is no reason why they shouldn't be discussed by the people who play in them.

Last edited:
BLACKSTACK

BLACKSTACK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BOL should be avoided,ever since it started it had problems with not paying,its a shady site,

avoid that site completely just go to acr/bcp or the best site BOVADA for ysa players,as for being #1 recommended by CC its a profit to them,ofcource they are not #1 but with $$$ any site is the best, even LOCK was recommended by CC months after ppl started complaing about not getting theyre cashouts,once there was overwhelming evidence LOCK stole everyones money is when CC finally decided to stop advertising them.

BOVADA used to be #1 here on CC but i guess they stopped paying for advertising here oh and BOVADA also stopped CC weekly freeroll.

I say ask around and dont go by what a site says,after all someone has to pay the bills even if its a lousy site like BOL that is paying the highest advertising fees to be #1

V

vwls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say ask around

Have you personally experienced any problems with BetOnline?* Also, "asking around" is exactly what Chandla has done by creating this thread.

*I'm not trying to make a point with my question. I am genuinely curious as to whether you have experienced any problems.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many hours you playing? What level you playing at? Let us know some about the situation and we can help then. Like hkoch7 said, BRM is something you have to learn right off the bat. Post a little something here and see what happens.

themrsmith

themrsmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Betonline is not "rigged" against you. If you built your bankroll up from 100 to 500 that should be a pretty clear indication that making money on BOL is possible..

G

GoldCaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls typically have fields of a couple thousand with players that are not going to be playing up to their full potential and making plays that they otherwise would not be if money were on the line. In real money game you have smaller fields with better players that are going to teach you how to play better. Your not going to get any better by playing in huge fields with a bunch of fish with a prize pool of a couple bucks.

themrsmith

themrsmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@goldcaps...... I'm new to playing poker for real money. I want experience with people who play for real money so one of the ways is playing freerolls. I haven't won a bunch, but have cashed in a few. It's a great way to practice poker and build up a small bankroll. It may seem dumb to you because I don't want to "man up" and deposit but guess what.. Since I've started I have won more $ every single day and gotten to some final tables. Not sure why you feel the need to hate on people who freeroll but it's an awesome way to get into playing real poker and to gain experience.

V

vwls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls typically have fields of a couple thousand with players that are not going to be playing up to their full potential and making plays that they otherwise would not be if money were on the line. In real money game you have smaller fields with better players that are going to teach you how to play better. Your not going to get any better by playing in huge fields with a bunch of fish with a prize pool of a couple bucks.

I think I already said this, but beginning players do not play in freerolls because they want to play only freerolls for the rest of their poker "careers", for lack of a better term. Beginning players play freerolls as a first step in earning a small bankroll, which they then take into what you consider "real money" games. Freerolls do involve "real" money. Money may not be at stake, but money can be earned, and that money can be used to move on to the next step where a new understanding of poker can be found and a player can progress even further in their learning. Also, I'm not sure where you play, but the freeroll options for U.S. players do not typically reach fields of a couple thousand. There are a few that happen daily that reach 1500-2000 entrants, but they do not usually exceed that amount. Besides those big ones, the fields do not usually exceed 1500 and can be as low as 400-800, not to mention the private freerolls that are offered by many organizations. These are not impossible odds, and there are many players who regularly succeed in these tournaments.

jastagg042286

jastagg042286

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand what you mean I have had cooler after cooler on betonline.ag its crazy, I don't know how many times I go all in with aces or kings and get cracked every time by some idiot just trying to get lucky. I know luck is a part of poker but geez 8 out of 10 times come on now.....

jastagg042286

jastagg042286

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you need help please email me and I will help you with any questions you have I turned 0.00 into 2,000 this month so far on BOL. I haven't reached my goal of 10k yet though very tough on BOL.

Winner Poker