Wow, this is....weird...and interesting, at the same time. :D

But where can you play this?

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no idea where you can play anonymous, but I would like it (I don't like HUDs and other online tools that allow players to gather information accross games).

G

GeorgeCarlin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no idea where you can play anonymous, but I would like it (I don't like HUDs and other online tools that allow players to gather information accross games).
Maybe unibet and Redstar, don't allow the HUD.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't run from the HUD...make it your friend.:shakehand

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any third party software used to record statistics and any site / App that is scraping data from on-line poker tables should be considered a cheat/exploit and should be banned.

My 2c, and I don't care for pro-hud-arguments. If you don't have an app on your phone and record other players while playing live, you shouldn't have one online.

Not a fan of anonymous poker either, but it's the best tool against huds.

If not anonymous, I'd let all players change their nick-name at any point.

K

KevinLee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anonymous tables allow colluders to cheat without the other players having a clue that two players are always at their table. The same goes for players having the ability to change names frequently. Terrible conditions to play in. I'd rather just buy and use a hud which I do.

M

Maksimus777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no meaning if it is full of win anonymous will not be able to take it off

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems like most of you are either pro anonymous or the opposite. The thing is, whats exactly is that, and how to make use of? Is that an option that poker sites offer? Are there only specific poker sites? Can anyone who knows more about this subject enlighten us? :confused:

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Why do you want to play anonymously?

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are some U.S. sites that allow to remain anonymous but like Iryna has mentioned, why would you want that?

It's nice to know who you are playing with especially with the scare of bots and everything else out there that would turn people away from playing online.

Personally, I don't mind both and try to stick to my game and the action on the table for results but I can see how it can be tricky to the ol' noodle up there.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know ignition and global poker don't allow them

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do you want to play anonymously?

Cause I dont want to have a HUD so I am playing with disadvantage against those who have a HUD. And because I firmly believe having a HUD is a cheat. Having a program to tell you what you should observing by yourself. What's next? Having a program to tell you when to call, raise, fold? Or how much to bet? If playing poker is that hard for you, then pay for a bot and let it do all the work! (I'm not speaking towards you but in general)

S

Spripe

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea ignition is anonymous and it shares the same player pool as bodog which is what I sometimes play on since I'm Canadian. Somebody mentioned collusion but in the last year they made it so you select the type of table you want and it seats you. So it would be harder for colluders to end up on the same table unless it's high stakes where there might only be one table of $10/$20 going or something.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ignition is a great site for anonymous play and I've successfull withdrawn from the site so I can justify that i's a safe and respectable poker source.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Look at the cash tables in the partypoker. There, my HUD does not work.:)

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frankly i don't see what people have against the huds. Things like real time equity calculators or programs which give advice how to play - ok i also consider them cheats but huds just display statistics which are already available to the players. As far as it is considered legal by the biggest rooms i am glad to use it. Moreover there are completely free huds today so cheating comparison for me looks like just an excuse to not invest time and learn how to use HUD. Of course everybody can decide what is best for him/her. Just my 2 cents.

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This reminds me of the rotating/turbo game that's out there on Zynga (play chips). When it's your turn and if you fold your hand, you are automatically switched onto a new table and a new round begins with other players who have folded their previous hands. It isn't exactly anonymous because you do carry your screen name with you, but every new hand you are in a different mix of players (some repeat obviously), but everyone is in different seats.

W

willko01000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting

You are aware you can opt out of certain stat holding sites so decrease your exposure to other players.

I wouldn't get too strung up about this though as if you concentrate on your skill set you are effectively immunising yourself to stat studying players.

Good luck at the tables!

Alena0208

Alena0208

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone my name is Alena. Tell me how to put my photo?;)

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bovada/Ignition are the sites you play on anonymously.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are stuck in the usa, Ignition is always that way, for MTT and cash.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you have to play poker the old fashion way...wow what a novel idea.
Take the technology out of the tech.
I don't use a HUD. This is only hurting my own play though.