Which amount should my first deposit be.

A

alexandro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, Cardschat members
I am getting ready to make my first deposit, I would like to ask which amount should be the best as for 1st deposit from 25 to 100 or should it be more?
I am thinking making it to Acr/betonline.

B

Booyah777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends what stake you play. You should never use more than 5 percent of your bank roll at a time.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go for 100 and play very conservative with it and make it grow :)

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my advice not more than10-20 dollars......

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Whatever you can afford to lose.

:top:

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my first deposit was a whopping $50. Only had to top up once since then, but never after that first. So gl to you sir

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The least deposit which quantity the promotion of poker room.

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What limits do you want to play? I would suggest going for Betonline, ACR is really tough. I would suggest 20 buyins for what ever level you want to play, and I'm guessing that is either .02 or .10 5 or 10 nl. Anywhere from 40-100 dollars probably.

I would highly suggest to not freeroll, your not learning much if anything and it's very time consuming, its all free and in poker can't really be taken to seriously when there is nothing to risk.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice is,if you can`t beat the players who play for free,,,How are you going to beat the players who play for $,,,:deal:

pothead2012

pothead2012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly a question you can only answer yourself i mean how much do you have at your exposal if you can only spare 25 then it's 25 if 100 then put in 100

GL making that Cheese

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are starting to play I think that should make a 10 or 20$ deposit and then you build your bankroll

A

alexandro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are starting to play I think that should make a 10 or 20$ deposit and then you build your bankroll

okay. i will try my best to keep up and build it see how it goes on the online poker world only concert is that I read about online poker is rigged who knows or if they can truly see my cards.

pothead2012

pothead2012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
okay. i will try my best to keep up and build it see how it goes on the online poker world only concert is that I read about online poker is rigged who knows or if they can truly see my cards.

Breakfast eggs are rigged

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

With a comment like this I'm not sure online poker is for you, when you lose, which is going to be likely you are going to blame other effects IE in this case poker is rigged, because it is the easiest solution to rationalize for your failure.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if u r not sure to beat other players, deposit 0
if u r sure to beat others, deposit max which here is 100

so 0 or 100.

Gphillips15

Gphillips15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I deposit and lose and deposit and lose but I enjoy it and can afford to. There's so many different styles of poker these days some you may win at others you may lose I do ok at fifty fiftys but suck at tournaments so don't get beat up if you lose your ten or 20 just wop more in (if in a position to do so) n try which one best suits ur "mind frame" I guess. GL

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to deposit with one of the many promotions that sites have, search for the option that you like and start from there, but i have to warn you,and i give you this advice, always start from the bottom and the small stakes

The_Mason

The_Mason

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When sitting at a 2/5 I buy-in with $240.. The 40 is to feel out the table.. It works for me 9/10 without rebuying.. I usually quadruple my stack in 2 & a half hours or less

pgerv

pgerv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, I would deposit 20$ you get a free ticket into a huge 1,000,000 guarante for 1st tourney (which starts in 36hours) and you get 3 random tickets ranging from 1$ spin and go to 214$ MTT's multi table tournaments.

Then start at low cash games 4$ buy in. (the lower stakes, people who don't care about losing there .80 cents)

And play alot of .50 cent turbo's. The sitngo category. This will get you're bankroll up and running the quickest! It's a tourney that only lasts about 45min-1hr, so you're not pulling you're hair out if you lose near the final table. There quick effective and very good practise for the higher up turbo MTT's. or with your profit from the 50cent turbo's you can play in other stuff that you might wanna try... Because you are probably really good at a specific category.

Before all of this I suggest you watch these 2 videos

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OTkq4OsG_Yc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LCoPLFaeq0U

There is a correct way to play poker and profit. There are players who are called "donaters" to the game. These people are the people you want to identify and play with!!!! Tip

pgerv

pgerv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry youtube, mit poker theory and watch video 1. and 3.

Guy in a white shirt 8)

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When sitting at a 2/5 I buy-in with $240.. The 40 is to feel out the table.. It works for me 9/10 without rebuying.. I usually quadruple my stack in 2 & a half hours or less

This may work for you, but if your a better player than the field your seriously handicapping your own win rate.