Am I learning or is it the Site?

X

xxRayne

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive been primarily playing on pokerstars. Typically I’ve been playing zoom - Anywhere from 1¢/2¢ to 10¢/25¢. But recently I decided to try party poker and I just seem to be doing better, even only sticking to the 2¢/5¢ Fastforward so far. I’m consistently up in a session.

It’s great news for me (so far, knock on wood). But I’m a bit weary on if it’s actually me playing better or not. People seem to be playing more as how I’ve been reading to expect - ie: folding when they should, less chasing (unless I have the nuts, which seems odd). I know for part of it I have been folding when I should, but it just seems like a completely different crowd and I’m wondering if others have noticed it.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you just think so. Despite the fact that I'm still more inclined to poker stars. Despite the fact that I'm still more inclined to poker stars.

X

xxRayne

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So you think it’s just that I’m playing better then? Like I’m actually making profit right now, and it seems easier to read people. I have been reading/watching videos but it just seemed like a night and day difference between the two sites. And I’m not seeming to get as many bad beats, since they are folding sooner.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ive been primarily playing on PokerStars. Typically I’ve been playing zoom - Anywhere from 1¢/2¢ to 10¢/25¢. But recently I decided to try Party Poker and I just seem to be doing better, even only sticking to the 2¢/5¢ Fastforward so far. I’m consistently up in a session.

It’s great news for me (so far, knock on wood). But I’m a bit weary on if it’s actually me playing better or not. People seem to be playing more as how I’ve been reading to expect - ie: folding when they should, less chasing (unless I have the nuts, which seems odd). I know for part of it I have been folding when I should, but it just seems like a completely different crowd and I’m wondering if others have noticed it.
How long have you been playing on Stars?

X

xxRayne

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Consistently for the last four months but off and on for a couple years (more off than on)