ACR's obsession with ensuring no one changes their screen-name

Krexnik

Krexnik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So i politely ask ACR support if changing my screenname is possible... They reply:
" Please be kindly informed Changes to nicknames are not allowed since they are your identity to other players. Just as it is not possible to change your identity when playing in live poker games, we do not allow alterations once you have created the account."

Why is my identity to other players a priority? Is it not a fact that the only reason changing your screenname would be banned is so that other people can have accurate data on your game play?.... I am sorry but ACR is revealing their dedication to making sure bots can exploit you. This is insane and wrong and transparent. I would not be surprised if ACR is actually using Bots to exploit players. This assessment is based on their complete rejection of allowing players to change their screen name. I remember even Full tilt allowing people to change their name under certain circumstances. Joe Ingram is 100% correct, ACR wants to make sure you are easily identified and exploited by 3rd party software.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So i politely ask ACR support if changing my screenname is possible... They reply:
" Please be kindly informed Changes to nicknames are not allowed since they are your identity to other players. Just as it is not possible to change your identity when playing in live poker games, we do not allow alterations once you have created the account."

Why is my identity to other players a priority? Is it not a fact that the only reason changing your screenname would be banned is so that other people can have accurate data on your game play?.... I am sorry but ACR is revealing their dedication to making sure bots can exploit you. This is insane and wrong and transparent. I would not be surprised if ACR is actually using Bots to exploit players. This assessment is based on their complete rejection of allowing players to change their screen name. I remember even Full tilt allowing people to change their name under certain circumstances. Joe Ingram is 100% correct, ACR wants to make sure you are easily identified and exploited by 3rd party software.

It's not just ACR though.. barring a room changing to another network, name a site up now where you CAN change your screen name?

Krexnik

Krexnik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not just ACR though.. barring a room changing to another network, name a site up now where you CAN change your screen name?
party poker for one, Global poker allows it as long as you have a good reason... many sites do. I remember back in the day, Full tilt let me change my name. It is strange that ACR is so hard line on this issue. The only explanation is that they are making sure 3rd party software is not tripped up by name changes.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Party Poker for one, Global poker allows it as long as you have a good reason... many sites do. I remember back in the day, Full tilt let me change my name. It is strange that ACR is so hard line on this issue. The only explanation is that they are making sure 3rd party software is not tripped up by name changes.

I don't know about that. I'll have to do some more research. Appreciate you giving me something to dig into though. I have been bored today.