ACR Virus Warning from AVG

N

NoTimeForThis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi... I downloaded ACR a few days ago to check it out. Played a few freerolls, no issues.

Then yesterday I launch it (after a software update maybe?), and AVG pulls in front with a virus warning. "IDP ARES" or something. I uninstalled it, deleted the installer, downloaded a new one from the official site... and now AVG stops the install immediately with the virus warning. What's up with this? I don't know if I could feel right depositing if I have to allow exceptions for a program being flagged as a threat.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What you are experiencing is a false positive flag that the antivirus triggers. Please contact our CS support at 1-877-314-4195 in order to solve the issue.

noodletheriver

noodletheriver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you are experiencing is a false positive flag that the antivirus triggers. Please contact our CS support at 1-877-314-4195 in order to solve the issue.

Same Goes for BitDefender. I just exclude the ACR folder and it is fine. It Is not a virus as long as you are sure it directly from the ACR site

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had the same problem with BCP.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These steps could help:

In order to correct this situation, please note that our cardroom requires certain ports to be available in order to connect to our server; by default many firewalls block any programs from accessing the internet.

Due to this, we would like to know if you currently use Norton as a Firewall. We suggest you check your Firewall settings and allow Americas Cardroom within the authorized programs. Your Firewall company most likely has chat or phone service and they can guide you to make enable all the access.

Please make sure you have the latest version of the following programs:

- Java
- Flash
- Internet Explorer

After you have done this, please follow the next set of instructions:

If you’re using Microsoft Internet Explorer:

1) Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools
2) Click on Internet Options
3) On the General Tab, in the middle of the screen, click on Delete Files
4) You may also want to check the box "Delete all offline content"
5) Click on OK and wait for the hourglass icon to stop after it deletes the temporary internet files
6) You can now click on Delete Cookies and click OK to delete cookies that websites have placed on your hard drive.

If you’re using Mozilla Firefox:

To delete cookies Firefox 2.0
1. Select "Tools"
2. Select "Options".
3. Select "Privacy".
4. In Private area click "Clear Now".
5. In "Clear Private Data" window put the check mark for "Cookies" and click "Clear Private Data Now".
6. Click OK.

If you’re using Google Chrome:

Click on the "Tools" menu and select "Options".
Click the "Under the Bonnet" tab, locate the "Privacy" section and click the "Clear browsing data" button.
Select "Delete cookies and other site data" to delete all cookies from the list (alternatively, you can remove all cookies created within a specific time period by selecting the period you want from the dropdown list).
Select "Clear browsing history" to delete traces of which websites you've visited.
Select "Clear download history" to delete records of which files and programs you've downloaded.
Select "Empty the cache" to delete cached website pages.

You can also delete saved passwords (which log you into websites) and saved form data (such as your name and address).
Then click on the "Clear browsing data" button.
Click on the Close button when you've finished

2nd. Open any folder from your computer. Then:

A. Go to tools
B. Folder Options
C. View Tab. Once here you need to:
a. In advanced settings expand the Files and Folder options
b. Expand the hidden Files and Folders
c. Make sure the show hidden files and folders option is marked.
D. Hit “apply” and Ok.

3rd. Uninstall and reinstall Americas Cardroom. Before reinstalling you need to:

A. Go to Start in your computer.
B. Click on Search
C. Choose the all files and folder option
D. Submit Americas Cardroom as the name of what you will be looking for in your computer.
E. If you find any file or folder that has Americas Cardroom in it, delete it.

Once you are sure that you have deleted anything that has Americas Cardroom in it, reinstall from the following link:

http://download.pokermanagement.com/americascardroom_com.exe

B

Banderasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think it is a virus. Does the antivirus described what type of danger was that?

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not a virus. Just put it in your exclusion folder.

I

IamJC

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Norton

i have Norton and it also says there is a Trojan virus attached to the ACR download. It happens after I try opening ACR and it updates so I have uninstalled and tried downloading the program again but keep getting the same warning