Stormers Home Games

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just took first in an Stormers Home Game of a field of about 400 players! First place paid $50 nice little addition to my account! I love those games I place in them a lot or come real close to placing! One game I played earlier today I was one place before the money got pocket QQ raised it up quite a bit everyone flooded but one player he re-raised me all in! I was thinking AK can I take it down so I call he flops his cards AA and I was out one place before the money! :icon_cycl:D

Last edited by a moderator:
xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just took first in an Stormers Home Game of a field of about 400 players! First place paid $50 nice little addition to my account! I love those games I place in them a lot or come real close to placing! One game I played earlier today I was one place before the money got pocket QQ raised it up quite a bit everyone flooded but one player he re-raised me all in! I was thinking AK can I take it down so I call he flops his cards AA and I was out one place before the money! :icon_cycl:D

That sucks but it happens. I really don't like the Stormers games. They are full of bad players who jam or call with any trash often to build a stack because the blinds rise so fast that have to get an enormous stack just to stay a little ahead of the blinds. I do play them occasionally, last night I placed 4th in BotLady's homegame. I was eliminated when the SB jammed 24 into my BB and I called with Q9. Last week I finished 7th in Uncle Slacker's homegame. But, in both games, I was jamming my premium hands because I knew I would get callers, it's usually just a matter of them holding up and in these 2 games, they did (for the most part) and I built a 500k stack pretty quickly.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy Stormers games and while they don't simulate typical freeroll tournaments because of the blinds and large fields, I've come to generate my own sort of strategy for these events to try and get ITM. I've been able to cash in a few of their tournaments over the past week since returning to online poker, so I'm grateful they're an option for players like me currently trying to build a BR on nothing to start.

gupiel0k69

gupiel0k69

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I think Stormers games are a great project, especially if you combine the freerolls with their twitch streamers like Gripsed, Bfizz11, Uncleslacker and more. You can learn a lot, grab some free entries to the HG from giveaways and just have a lot of fun. Great place overall for both advanced and rookie players imo.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand that these people used to play tournaments bystro-- but the levels of 3 minutes make the game just in the lottery!

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand that these people used to play tournaments bystro-- but the levels of 3 minutes make the game just in the lottery!

While most of their tournaments may be 3 minute levels and 30 levels before late registration for 90 minutes where people can still join the tournament and throw things off with quick shoves, I still don't find myself really having my strategy impacted until about 15 or so levels in before I actually notice it impact the number of BBs I have because the levels usually have a slow escalation that is easily to manage in the first hour or so of the tournament.

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games