Acr life

A

Atrevino247

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been playing on Acr for just over a year now and was playing relatively well until going completely card dead recently. I’ve had cold streaks before of course but during this one I had pocket aces cracked 7 consecutive times. I understand variance but that seems just a little overboard to me.

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea sounds crazy huh. And AA is supposed to win heads up 8-10 times. Makes you wonder about somethings going on. I made a post about ACR bout a week ago. If you get a chance check it out. Hope your luck turns around for you soon. GL...

A

akjordan16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Remarkable

Thats what I like to call it, yeah it happens way too much.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Aces are great hole cards to induce someone to end their tournament life.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been playing on Acr for just over a year now and was playing relatively well until going completely card dead recently. I’ve had cold streaks before of course but during this one I had pocket aces cracked 7 consecutive times. I understand variance but that seems just a little overboard to me.

Stop getting into multiway pots with aces and you will stop losing.

Be aggressive with your aces, you want to isolate the hands you do the best against, which is Ax hands where you have 90%+ equity. You want to isolate against lower pairs, where you have 82% equity.

You do not want to get you aces in with 3 other random hands by limping, cold calling or over-calling with them. Your equity will drop significantly in these situations.

It is highly more likely that you are misplaying the hand, then it is the fault of bad software.

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Be aggressive with your aces, you want to isolate the hands you do the best against, which is Ax hands where you have 90%+ equity. You want to isolate against lower pairs, where you have 82% equity.

You do not want to get you aces in with 3 other random hands by limping, cold calling or over-calling with them. Your equity will drop significantly in these situations.

It is highly more likely that you are misplaying the hand, then it is the fault of bad software.
I agree. Sometimes simple greed is the issue. Play defensively and you'll have much less problems with getting "cracked" or getting "snapped" Isolation is key.

C

corieaddison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR Life

I think this is definitely some bad variance. but not impossible. It also all depends on how you played the aces... If you are letting your opponent get their then this might be your missed bets or not big enough bets. Also, I depending on how often you play, this happening once per year isn't that bad. Chalk it up to variance and keep playing. Be aware that Aces can get cracked and what your opponent might have been playing in order to do that.

Good Luck Out There!

Corie Addison

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is the best starting hand. That doesn’t mean it’s gonna win every time, especially in multi-way pots. The likelihood of winning goes down the more players are in the hand. Losing 7 times in a row is definitely very unlikely and extremely unlucky. Clearly on a very bad side of variance. Assuming all 7 hands were not all in preflop then maybe there’s something you could learn from these hands for the future. I try to look at my losing big hands and see what I could’ve done differently to avoid losing, or lessen my loss. Sometimes a paired board of one with all the same suit, or straight cards can be frustrating but time to fold aces. Finding a hard fold and staying alive is important to success. There isn’t much you could do if you get the hand in ahead and they lose. Unfortunately we all know this happens. Keep making good decisions and the aces will win more then they lose.

A

Atrevino247

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

All of those times were in isolation I very rarely get aces into multi-way pots and if I do I realize that I’m losing most of my equity. Im not a beginner and know the game very well. Wasn’t trying to blame software either more of just a vent after taking more beats than I feel fall into standard deviation... thanks for your input though

DaFrank

DaFrank

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BRO

I feel your pain!!! I literally get NERVOUS when I have AA or KK pre flop on ACR. On pretty much any other site I don't have that problem.

If I have AA pre flop, I sometimes just expect that I am going to lose the hand if an "All in" calls or bets..

Better luck going forward!!!!

DaFrank

A

Atrevino247

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel your pain!!! I literally get NERVOUS when I have AA or KK pre flop on ACR. On pretty much any other site I don't have that problem.

If I have AA pre flop, I sometimes just expect that I am going to lose the hand if an "All in" calls or bets..

Better luck going forward!!!!

DaFrank
Thanks... yeah I’ve literally told my wife I’m folding kk anytime I see them before. Just because of the pure tilt of having a6 offsuit get there on me lol. But then I end up playing them anyways because hey it can’t happen again right? Doh!!

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I'm new to ACR and for the moment I give you the whole reason, the variance is very similar to PS, when that hand in real tables is usually the winner. Now having AA in hand is synonymous that someone will get 2 pairs or a ladder on the flop.

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket Aces have been cracked easily at ACR.Why?

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know the feeling. I have been running cold on there for a couple of months myself. But, luckily I have done some good on other tables. I like playing on ACR, so I`m not giving up. See you on a final table soon.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't been playing on acr for a year yet like 2 months:0) And my aces got beat like twice and I had them a bunch of times:0) I hope I don't go through what you did:0) yesterday while playing a guy had pocket Ks three times in a row and won every time I never seen that before you know something ant right when you see that, I think the dealer cheats:0) good luck out there hope you get them three times in a row and win:0)

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's internet

It's not just ACR that this happens. On Inter tops I went 0/8 in one day and 2/18 in five days. I am very aggressive pre flop to try and narrow down the field with very high raises. Just seems there's always two or three willing to call. Tried just gong all in for a while and no difference in callers. In micro stakes everyone believes there lucky day is today.
I couldn't win a hand at Inter tops so I went to ACR and low and behold I was winning. Still constantly losing at one site and winning on another is confusing. Is it a down swing on one site and a upswing on another? Seems to work going back in fourth every few weeks. When one stays losing the other starts winning. Vicious cycle.

B

BlazeinRuins

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no board to go over. Pure chance is a crueler mistress than all whose company we enjoy.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is bad luck! I had it happen twice in a row this week.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Rare, yes. But still variance. My record for Aces cracked in a row is 9. And that was live. Very unlikely. But it can happen.

J

johnbrazon42

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
"Stop getting into multiway pots with aces and you will stop losing.

It is highly more likely that you are misplaying the hand, then it is the fault of bad software."

Seriously what is it with people trying to quote book statements that don't associate with online play?! He didn't say he was limping, or going against multiple hands. And you can't isolate a certain hand cause you never know what the cards are that others are holding. Yes, AA should always be played aggressively but you WILL take more bad beats on a computer program then you will live, especially on ACR cause it's RNG isn't very good, but US players don't have a lot of options. I lost, no joke, 23 str8 AA hands there but still play.

CGreen

CGreen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand completely! I have been running super cold on ACR for at least a month now. At least I never even get dealt pocket Aces! I played for over 5 hours in a micro tourney, and did not get AA even once. I did get 5/2o 7 times, however!! I don’t know how stayed in game that long lol! After that game, I have had it even worse. Still no AA! And, yes, I do understand that you need to play AA aggressively, that equity goes down a lot in multiway hands, and that you still have to be careful with it. It is just an example of my current cold streak! Good luck on there! Looking forward to getting to another live game soon!

J

jbear54321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with others that you need to play them more aggressively preflop to get out of the hand. If you play pocket aces against too many players you will most likely lose.