ACR custom card face

R

rmcmullen2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you know that you can make custom images for card face themes?

Attachments

• ACR_Card Face.jpg
    ACR_Card Face.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting, but I really hide the avatars at ACR, since they desconcentrate me in the game. :)

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Options at main lobby, can turn avatars off.

Main lobby, options menu, general tab, can click whether you want avatars to show or not. It's a lot cleaner look, without the avatars.

Last edited:
R

rmcmullen2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Main lobby, options menu, dropdown, can click whether you want avatars to show or not.

Yea we know how to turn off avatar. I was talking about making custom card faces. The picture is hard to see but this is the image i made for the card faces:

Attachments

• ACR_Card Face-2.jpg
    ACR_Card Face-2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 24
abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea we know how to turn off avatar. I was talking about making custom card faces. The picture is hard to see but this is the image i made for the card faces:

Id like to change card face. Could you show me how or send the format to me in which to do it or id even like to see all you came up with

R

rmcmullen2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id like to change card face. Could you show me how or send the format to me in which to do it or id even like to see all you came up with

ok what you do is find the file where the images are located, on my computer it is:
C:\AmericasCardroom\resources\assets\gc\hdpi\kpoker

then take the image of one of the card faces that you do not want and edit it in something like photoshop (or similar photo editing software).

Then Save over the existing file with the same name as a .png and it should work. I assume it will work with the avatars and any other image in there that you want to customized. Just be careful not to change the image size or it will not look right. Also in the options tab in ACR under themes the card face may look the same but once you apply it it should show the image you saved on the table.

If you have any other questions let me know. It is pretty simple. The hardest part is knowing how the photo edit or having the software needed to doing so.

R

rmcmullen2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is the image i started with

Attachments

• Back4.png
    Back4.png
    342 bytes · Views: 20
R

rmcmullen2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and i edited it to this:

Attachments

• Back4.png
    Back4.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 17
abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah i let my son see this so he can make what ever i want. Hes an IT guy and does alot of photo editing work and stuff like that so Thank you very much

R

rmcmullen2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah i let my son see this so he can make what ever i want. Hes an IT guy and does alot of photo editing work and stuff like that so Thank you very much

No problem. For him it should be easy then. If you or him have any questions let me know but as long as the image stays the same size and you overwrite the existing file there should not be a problem.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Do you know if after you change the images of the cards that they stay when the next update to the software is done or if you would have to replace it on each software update?

My only concern would be is if modifying the software in anyway (obviously this is a minor tweak) is possibly against the CardRooms rules and regulations ans could be considered a violation?

Just a thought ....

R

rmcmullen2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you know if after you change the images of the cards that they stay when the next update to the software is done or if you would have to replace it on each software update?

My only concern would be is if modifying the software in anyway (obviously this is a minor tweak) is possibly against the CardRooms rules and regulations ans could be considered a violation?

Just a thought ....

I would guess that as long as you do not do a complete uninstall and re-install then an update should not affect it. I do not know about it being a violation of the card rooms rules but I can ask on the ACR thread.

R

rmcmullen2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

To answer your question since ACR just had a software update this morning, it did change my card face back to what it originally was. I could just over write the file again but I do not care that much. Maybe I will do it again one day but for now I am just going to leave it alone.