ACR Bomb Pots

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For those that play on ACR/BCP, how do you like the bomb pots? I tend to stay away from them as I see them as a 4 bb investment and bloated pot that I really have no interest in playing in. I try to opt for the tables that do not have them. 4bb a bomb pot at several per hour and that is a lot of bb per hour effected your win rate. Anyone else have thoughts on them?

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also don’t like the bomb pots tables because like you I think severals 4bb hands in the end will affect your win rate, but sometimes it’s impossible to have a full table without bomb pots, at least in Omaha, so I’m obligated to play in these tables.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For those that play on ACR/BCP, how do you like the bomb pots? I tend to stay away from them as I see them as a 4 bb investment and bloated pot that I really have no interest in playing in. I try to opt for the tables that do not have them. 4bb a bomb pot at several per hour and that is a lot of bb per hour effected your win rate. Anyone else have thoughts on them?

I also don’t like the bomb pots tables because like you I think severals 4bb hands in the end will affect your win rate, but sometimes it’s impossible to have a full table without bomb pots, at least in Omaha, so I’m obligated to play in these tables.

Hello, I´ve sent your feedback to the team in charge. Remember that any feedback you have, leave it on our Poker Org forum in the feedback section here:

https://www.poker.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I haven't played a ton of them (167 total bomb pot hands), but so far I don't mind them. People adjust poorly in them and I have been winning a bunch of extra money from the bomb pots. The variance is huge, but I don't think they are bad. I play 6-max and I think most people aren't used to playing 6 way pots with an SPR near 3 with a random hand. Because of that, there's lot of mistakes getting made.

I'll continue to monitor how I do in them, to see if they start to cost me money, but they're profit makers for me right now.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

They're fun, as long as you're not attempting to blow all your bankroll. I haven't played any higher than a $10 NLHE bomb pots game, so it's not been a big deal. It's enjoyable, in my opinion. :D

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't played a ton of them (167 total bomb pot hands), but so far I don't mind them. People adjust poorly in them and I have been winning a bunch of extra money from the bomb pots. The variance is huge, but I don't think they are bad. I play 6-max and I think most people aren't used to playing 6 way pots with an SPR near 3 with a random hand. Because of that, there's lot of mistakes getting made.

I'll continue to monitor how I do in them, to see if they start to cost me money, but they're profit makers for me right now.

I have only played them probably less then 20 times, and all have been 9 person tables. For me to get involved with that many people, I need to have at least two pair or better or a draw of 8 outs or more. Most of the time I fold them, although the ones I have played with the above criteria I have won. I am sure if I checked PT4 I have been profitable, just done like playing hands that I have no interest in the first place.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wouldn't sit at a table that was nothing but bomb pots, but I think they attract the type of opponent that I play well against. The people who don't mind gambling a little, when they're not sure if they have the edge or not. It's like dealer's choice home games. I usually am not a huge fan of some of the variations people want, but the variety makes the other people happy. You have to give action to get action, and all that sort of nonsense. And people do play them pretty horribly too, which makes them even better. So, it's not even like they have an edge.

Does it suck that I end up putting in 5xbb (6max is 5xbb) and folding to most action because I have nothing on the flop? Yeah, especially if it's like 4 bomb pots in a row where I completely miss. But, that's how it goes. Even if I just broke even in the bomb pots, I feel like the dynamic it can create for the hands in between them is worth it. Someone will get stuck from one and really loosen up. I had one table, one night, where someone dropped 68 buy-ins after suffering a pretty brutal suckout in a bomb pot. Might he have gone on mega-tilt on a normal table loosing to a suckout like that? Maybe. But, he also might not have been in that pot to start with.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The home game I play in has them every dealer change, and I actually like them. You see a lot of people over value their hands. I’ve really enjoyed them on ACR I mean if you win a couple it can pay for all of them your whole session. I just don’t get involved in post flop action unless I have a substantial holding. And as I said earlier players tend to overvalue top pairish type hands and don’t realize how wide open everyone’s ranges are.