ACR and BCP (Blackchip Poker)

M

Misdir

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Americas Cardroom and BlackChip poker are exactly the same site. When I had a password issue they disabled both sites inspite of the fact I had different ID's and different requests.

I would not recommend anyone deposit money at this sites, at least not US facing players. They are extremely difficult to get through to for resolving any issue at all. I simply ran through the money I had with them and deleted their sites from my computers.

If you have had a different story, please let me know, but I have found it impossible to resolve anything with them.

ILIKEFISH31

ILIKEFISH31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These two skins are on WPN (Winning Poker Network). I have to be totally honest with you: I've had the complete opposite experience as you have. Outstanding customer support and their deposits, as well as withdrawals, are fast and reliable. The traffic on WPN is actually getting pretty decent, as well.

I really don't know why you had issues with them but this is pretty much the best network available to US players right now.

L

loomis311

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never have had any trouble with Blackchip Poker. I have always had a positive experience when I needed someone to talk to. Emails were responded to within a couple of hours and there has always been someone available for livechat immediately. All the problems and questions I had were quickly answered.

That sucks that you had a negative experience with them. Maybe you should try them again.

M

Misdir

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for your responses, I will give them another try.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As said, they are both WPN skins, they are not the "same" site.

And while I don't agree that it's the best network for US players -- I personally can't stand their software -- they do have reputations for good customer service and fast payouts.

M

Misdir

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what sites do you recommend for US players than? I did download their software thought to try a cardschat FR with BCP but can't figure out the whole password thing, I am a new CC FRoll member so havent played any as of yet.

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go to forums then events then click cc freerolls then click fr passwords

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what sites do you recommend for US players than?
Best IMO is intertops, but they don't take new US players without an invitation. juicy stakes may be the otherwise best Revolution skin since their recent change in ownership, but I can't say from experience.

Carbon would probably be my next favorite in terms of software, but support and payouts are less than stellar.

In terms of service though BCP and ACR are probably where I'd play, if I didn't have Intertops and could swallow the software.

M

Misdir

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you all, for actually responding, had no clue about the forum thing, duh?

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ya i asked the same thing. They are both skins on wpn. I was wondering about that certificate that pops up before you login.

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone want tk invute me to interops?

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Americas Cardroom and BlackChip poker are exactly the same site. When I had a password issue they disabled both sites inspite of the fact I had different ID's and different requests.

I would not recommend anyone deposit money at this sites, at least not US facing players. They are extremely difficult to get through to for resolving any issue at all. I simply ran through the money I had with them and deleted their sites from my computers.

If you have had a different story, please let me know, but I have found it impossible to resolve anything with them.

im really sorry that you're finding troubles using bcp. i havent been a member of their site too long but i can assure you that i trust them with my money being with their company. their customer service is a different setup but effecient. the poker tables are a little different but its a breath of fresh air to me. could you please ellaborate on what issues havent been resolved? maybe we can help you find some answers and change your mind on playing there again.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone want tk invute me to interops?
Asking on a forum is pretty much a sure fire way to not get invited, LOL.

Intertops invitation are like gold, and very few people have them to give out. It's a privilege usually reserved for VIPs and affiliates and such.

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I kind of figured lol and eh it was worth a shot its not like I would make that my main site to play at

ILIKEFISH31

ILIKEFISH31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best IMO is Intertops

I was invited to Intertops and signed up a couple of weeks ago. Do you have any idea how empty their servers are these days? Their players are expressing a lot of discontent over on the 2p2 forums, too.

The traffic on Black Chip Poker is literally 10x the traffic on Intertops. I held off on depositing with Intertops until things start to look up over there again and instead put more money on my BCP account.

BCP started the 15 Days of Christmas promotion today and just updated their rakeback system so that you can simply "release" any rakeback funds available into your account instantaneously. Plus, they rolled out another software upgrade just yesterday.

Just saying. BCP > Intertops these days.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm well aware of the traffic problems at Intertops. We can blame the Revolution deterioration on Lock's shenanigans. The partnership with Juicy is an attempt to try and rectify that, but it's a chicken & egg situation as everyone has been pointing out on 2p2. Intertops (and all Revo skins) were losing money hand over fist thanks to Lock, putting some skins out of business. Intertops could affort to hang on because they're a profitable, well run company, but it forced them to segregate themselves and lower guarantees, which obviously drove many regulars away. In order to get them back, they have to offer those same games, guarantees, and promotions but from a much smaller player base. Without enough players to meet guarantees, they're not going to add them. So it will slowly build back up over time as they slowly win players back.

That said, my choice of games are doing okay there. I would prefer some higher stakes, but I had as many tables going last night as I wanted to open - had no problem multi-tabling 6-8.

Otherwise, in terms of how the company runs their business, and certainly from a software standpoint, Intertops > BCP any day. That's not to say BCP is not a well-run room. They were by far my favorite Merge room. They're just hamstrung by their current network's abysmal software.

ILIKEFISH31

ILIKEFISH31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They're just hamstrung by their current network's abysmal software.

I'm really not trying to fanboy BCP here but have you tried their software any time recently? I have to be honest: I thought it was complete garbage at one point, as well but over the last six months there have been numerous software updates. At this point their software is almost a direct replica of pokerstars' software. It's really not that bad at all.

As for Intertops: In fairness I will acknowledge that all of my sources have reported them being extremely reliable and ethical for quite some time. I have no reservations about depositing there outside of the traffic issues we're discussing here. The merger with Juicy and the time apart from Lock should in fact solve the traffic problem in time but it would have a lot of catching up to do to catch BCP. There have been times in the last week were BCP had over 3,300 users online. That's actually astronomical in a post Black Friday world on a network that's not PokerStars. As a matter of fact Winning Poker Network currently (as of this moment according to PokerScout) has ~2700 players logged on as opposed to Revolution having ~800. It's been this lopsided for the last few weeks and it's getting more so by the day.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I keep up with their software updates -- I have both BCP and ACR. I'm playing a $20 SNG at BCP as we speak. They have certainly made improvements in the past year, but to suggest their software is anywhere *near* PokerStars though is pretty laughable. As bad as Revo software is compared to Stars/Tilt, I'll take it over WPN and Merge 2.0 any day. And WPN's SNG traffic at the stakes I play is virtually non-existent at this moment, so they're no better than Intertops AFAIC. My choice of games are much more plentiful at Revo right now.

Unfortunately the player liquidity will continue to be that lopsided for some time until players are attracted back. It's not going to happen quickly. Lock did tremendous damage to the network. Revo regs were forced to migrate somewhere, and BCP is a good room, so it stands to reason they pick up a lot of that traffic. And if people are happy there, they'll stay there until Revo skins offer them something to entice them back.

Those of us whose game choices weren't as significantly impacted however are still quite happy with Intertops/Revo. I'd rather stick with them as I have faith the player liquidity will improve assuming the damage done by Lock is survivable, and I enjoy the software more. Note that I don't think Revo software is stellar either, I just think it's better than just about any other US-facing software.

ILIKEFISH31

ILIKEFISH31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd rather stick with them as I have faith the player liquidity will improve assuming the damage done by Lock is survivable, and I enjoy the software more. Note that I don't think Revo software is stellar either, I just think it's better than just about any other US-facing software.

More than fair enough.

As said, and for anyone reading: There's no question that Intertops is a solid and reliable site for US players who are lucky enough to have an invite to it. Further, it is indeed Lock's fault that the traffic on Revolution has decreased to the extent it has. Intertops certainly didn't do anything wrong but unfortunately they're temporarily suffering as is Revolution's player base.

I love BCP's software and network at this point. It more than serves my purposes. I really like what Intertops has to offer in the software department, too though and I would feel quite comfortable depositing cold, hard, cash onto it.

M

Misdir

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, I downloaded the WPN software and signed up as a trial, played the first of 12 days of Christmas, along with 1722 other FR's; it was crazy. After an hour only 400 left after 2hrs only a few. It's a $1,000 FR but it was kinda fun and the software is very simple and easier to read than remembered. Not very much action in higher limit games. I did a chat with CS about some little thing, and they did seem to want to bend over backward to help; must be reading CC forums. lol

bilbo63

bilbo63

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had no problem downloading the BCP software and everything is up and running on it.
My only problem is I can't seem to update my account information. Has anyone else had this problem and if they have , what did you do to fix it? Or maybe I should just get a hold of customer support?

M

maliace86

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
player transfers

Can u send money from ACR account to BlackChippoker account ?

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can u send money from ACR account to BlackChippoker account ?

Hello, no you are not able to do that, you can only do a player to player transfer from same skins if you are trying to send funds to a friend. But if you are trying to send funds to YOUR accounts, you can contact our CS department to help you.

Black Chip Poker - Black Chip Bonus Code - Live Dealer Blackjack