ACR bans Austrlian poker players

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the reason for banning the Australian players?

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because the Australian government is not allowing its citizens to gamble with their own money. No reason for ACR to take the risk by allowing Aussies to play when there probably aren't too many Australians on the site anyway.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's sad when the government decides how people spend their free time.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry to hear that listen to music instead:(
Sounds like Australia is still a penal colony thought that was ancient history.:eek:

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont understand this. Why is Australia government doing this to its citizens. It should be a persons choice what to do with their money. I mean maybe some people have problem gambling but it should not make all other citizens suffer. Im really happy that as a Canadian we do not have to jump through the hoops to play he game we love. Hopefully the Australian players will find a new place to play.

ggf99

ggf99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol ACR bans Aussie playas couse their government did some anti-online gambling bill etc. But have a lot of US playas with almost same situation.

Back in 2016 the Federal Parliament passed an amendment bill known as the Interactive Gambling Bill that addressed loopholes in the Interactive Gambling Act 2001 (Cth) (the Act), which allegedly allowed online gambling to continue as a result of offshore companies circumventing regulations.(c)

Last edited:
okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Auzzies gamble on everything and anything and their stupid government bans poker.
Their immigration policy is worse than Trumps. They lock people away on a Pacific island called Narrau and leave them their to rot. What a magnificent government.

ggf99

ggf99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dug something out-
Since the beginning of 2017, it is an offence underthe Act for unlicensed operators to offer real-money virtual gambling to Australian customers, such as websites 32red, 888Poker, Vera&John and pokerstars. Violators will be penalised with fines of $1.35 million a day for individuals and $6.75 million a day for organisations, and other measures may be taken, such as blacklisting. Also, the Australian Communications and Media Authorityhas the power to issue warnings, infringement notices, civil penalties and injunctions against gambling sites.(c)

B

blueleaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Auzzies gamble on everything and anything and their stupid government bans poker.
Their immigration policy is worse than Trumps. They lock people away on a Pacific island called Narrau and leave them their to rot. What a magnificent government.

1) What you said is idiotic, if you really like illegal immigrants, why do not you pay for them, and put a few in your house?

2) without out Trump, you simjple people will soon be slaves. As Spain was ruled by balcks for 700 years.

Cervantes was a slave in Africa for a few years, his family did buy him back.

Last edited:
hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
anywhere that bans poker without giving the people a vote is sad did the people have any say?
why would immigrants want to go there hostile locals dangerous wildlife desert lol
nah mate I pass:D
was a destination for my convict ancestors as punishment:eek:

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Okay they have children swallowing stones cutting themselves setting fire to themselves, is that cool, you heartless Christians will always blindly follow Trump. He will go soon, the major ahole will end up in prison where he belongs. By the way the world is older than the 7,000 years Christians think it is.
I like the Mormons belief everyone who graduates under them gets a planet:D

22meandu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure i agree with our government giving $3,000,000 to the Narrau situation as its a slap in the face of our closest ally . Australia has to control its maritime border with indonesia . If they dont, they are up chitcreek without a paddle and we will look like a giant paddy field . I dont think our inexperienced ,do goodie, prime minister has a clue what her interference could lead to . Just another idiot putting a FOR SALE sign up on our front yard .

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

1) What you said is idiotic, if you really like illegal immigrants, why do not you pay for them, and put a few in your house?

2) without out Trump, you simjple people will soon be slaves. As Spain was ruled by balcks for 700 years.

Cervantes was a slave in Africa for a few years, his family did buy him back.

On a serious note my earlier posts where jokes people who do not get visa should not go to any country agree here but its getting off topic did you have any vote regards poker as an aussie citizen?
lot of aussies and kiwis live and work in Europe and am sure vice versa applies people move around a lot but must do it legally and properly.
Amazes me the way with certain issues like prostitution legal in germany makes millions in tax revenue 1 mile down the road in france government wasting millions trying to police it.
Holland rich from tourism due to legal pot other countries wasting millions trying to police it courts too full to take real criminals to trial.
Bewilders me the difference between governments banning things that is not necessary:confused:
sorry to all australians who can not play without insane restrictions:(

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Because the Australian government is not allowing its citizens to gamble with their own money. No reason for ACR to take the risk by allowing Aussies to play when there probably aren't too many Australians on the site anyway.
Not true, it is legal for people to play but it is illegal for sites to offer services to Aussies.

Aussies can still play there at the moment, I have been getting the pop up with for a couple of weeks now, nowhere does it give a date that Aussies can't play after.

181f12f995968e7c184d7538c4e28348.png

:top:
It's not idiotic what he said, the cowardly (in it for what they can get) conservative govt we have here in Australia is only keeping those people on Nauru as pawns to appease the racist part of their voter base, which is quite large.

Aren't you sick of regurgitating that same racist bullshit each time about Spain being ruled by blacks 700 years ago, 700 years is a long time to be butt hurt, haven't you got anything else, or are you like most racists and have just the one story in the little grey matter they have.

:birthday:

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not true, it is legal for people to play but it is illegal for sites to offer services to Aussies.

Aussies can still play there at the moment, I have been getting the pop up with for a couple of weeks now, nowhere does it give a date that Aussies can't play after.

181f12f995968e7c184d7538c4e28348.png

It's not idiotic what he said, the cowardly (in it for what they can get) conservative govt we have here in Australia is only keeping those people on Nauru as pawns to appease the racist part of their voter base, which is quite large.

Aren't you sick of regurgitating that same racist bullshit each time about Spain being ruled by blacks 700 years ago, 700 years is a long time to be butt hurt, haven't you got anything else, or are you like most racists and have just the one story in the little grey matter they have.

:birthday:

So essentially it is illegal than because no site is going to offer services to you now. I'm so tried of these controllers in government. They claim they do all of this regulation for protection, but in reality they do it to give power to certain business and allow them to dominate that particular industry. They don't give a crap about little people.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
So essentially it is illegal than because no site is going to offer services to you now. I'm so tried of these controllers in government. They claim they do all of this regulation for protection, but in reality they do it to give power to certain business and allow them to dominate that particular industry. They don't give a crap about little people.
Eventually they will issue licences and tax the sites, there is nothing new about it, they are just enforcing what has always been the law.

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eventually they will issue licences and tax the sites, there is nothing new about it, they are just enforcing what has always been the law.

Yeah exactly and the only way you'll be able to obtain a license is if your filthy rich and can afford to pay it. So it keeps smaller competitors out of the business and makes it so only huge gambling companies can set up shop.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sorry to hear that for our aussie friends. Hope they get it figured out soon enough.

bmw1983kaz

bmw1983kaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The whole situation is sh@t IMHO.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Yeah exactly and the only way you'll be able to obtain a license is if your filthy rich and can afford to pay it. So it keeps smaller competitors out of the business and makes it so only huge gambling companies can set up shop.
In a way that will be a good thing, 888, Party and Stars will probably be the first in line, unless the local sports betting companies get organised for poker.

With the big site we will have the traffic, the small sites have no traffic at times suitable for Aussies, and most of all a reliable way to withdraw.

22meandu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a way that will be a good thing, 888, Party and Stars will probably be the first in line, unless the local sports betting companies get organised for poker.

With the big site we will have the traffic, the small sites have no traffic at times suitable for Aussies, and most of all a reliable way to withdraw.

Rather have a site that catered for our time zone . We have enough players to grow and attract traffic from everywhere . NZ gets the worst times of any country . Usually 4am , 6am starts . :boring::goodnight:coffee:

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I'm 2 hour behind you, even worse for us, if you get a 7am game at least thats not too bad, same game for us is 5am.

I think you're right about us attracting a decent player pool but it will never match the big sites. At Stars I could get decent traffic no matter what time of day