ACR Bans Aussie Players

Donskey

Donskey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well what a disappointment, clicked on ACR website which redirected me to ACR Australia and the following message popped up

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Australian Market

On August 9th, 2016 the Australian parliament passed the Interactive gambling Amendment Bill, effectively banning all online gambling sites that are not locally licensed under Australian State or Territory law.
For this reason, The Winning Poker Network does not allow customers from Australia to play at any of the following poker sites: Americas Cardroom, Black Chip Poker, Ya Poker, True Poker.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I phoned support and they confirmed it, they said all Aussie players will be getting an email within the next few days, and to withdraw any money they have in the account.

What a bummer :mad::(

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That is not good. I remember trying to log onto pokerstars on black Friday, and it was hard to believe it was really happening.

Donskey

Donskey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't understand why they're acting on it now, that legislation was passed in Aug 16, they've allowed aussie players for over 2 years and now all of a sudden they've acted on it, don't get it :confused:

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats too bad sorry for b your loss.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I keep seeing Aussies playing.

Donskey

Donskey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep seeing Aussies playing.

Yes, we're still playing, and I think I know why. Might be a little cynical, but if fits the equation.

They've closed accounts that have no money but let those with money to continue to play. They've said they will eventually get in contact with all Aussie players within the next few weeks.

Might have something to do with the current BOSS series. Aussies will help them get the guarantees, which will end in a few weeks, after that the big axe will be coming.

I hope I'm wrong, I really really do.

Have mercy ACR, let us stay :)

D

dane petty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I deposit and withdraw pretty regularly on ACR and I got an email last week stating they are closing my account. Give it time my friend and I dare say they will clear us all out :(