ACR – A High Commendation

Donskey

Donskey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
.There is a fair bit of criticism of ACR in this forum, probably some deserved and others not so, but surely that is true for any poker site.

I feel it’s my duty to give praise when it is warranted, and what ACR did for me recently should be highlighted. Come to your own conclusion to whether ACR is reputable or not.

As I mentioned in my post for new members, I’ve recently got back into poker, I use to play mainly on PS, and only played satellites on other sites for big buy in tourneys to live events.

Unfortunately for me (but I’m starting to think it’s a good thing) many sites including PS have withdrawn from Australia due to some new online gambling legislation.

I started to search which sites I could play on and stumbled onto Black Chip Poker. I opened an account with them, I tried my preferred username which I use for all sites (Donskey) but it wasn’t available, so had to use a different name. All was going well, when I thought I should go through all the sites I had an account with and see if I can play on them.

I found my username and p/w for ACR. I didn’t realize at the time that it was a different skin on the same network as BCP. The email I used with ACR is an email I didn’t use anymore, so was hoping I could log in ok. I tried logging in but it said that no account exists.

I assumed that the account had been removed as it was many years since I used the account. I therefore opened a new account, I tried Donskey but it wasn’t available so I opened new account with a different username. When I opened the client I realized all the tourneys were the same as BCP, I did a bit of Googling and found out about the different skins same network stuff.

Since I had already deposited on BCP, I thought I’ll just keep playing on there as there is no difference between the two.

Anyways, after several weeks, don’t know why I did it, but I opened up the ACR client and there was a dialog box saying your account has been suspended and please contact support.

I got on live chat (Anne O) and told her about the message. She said “give me a moment to find out what’s happening. “ After a minute or so, she said “your account was suspended because you already have an account with us and you’re not allowed to have multiple accounts. “

I told her, yes I know that but I tried logging into my old account and it said that the account didn’t exist and I thought you must have removed it. She assured me that “the account does exist and you should be able to log in, if not try resetting the password. “

I told her that the email associated with the account is an old email that I haven’t used for many many years, I don’t even know if I could log into the email account (gmail) to change the password. She said, "well in that case you’re going to have to send some ID and your request to change your email to support as only ACR will be able to update the email address"

I asked if I was in any trouble trying to open a duel account, it was simply a genuine assumption that I thought my account had been cancelled, and I had no nefarious intentions whatsoever.

She assured me, that I was not in any trouble and it was clear that my play & explanation fit the scenario.

Now it’s when it starts to get interesting. She said, “by the way you do know you have real money in that account. I was shocked, I obviously forgot about the funds I had in that account, must have been a deposit to play some sattys, but totally forgot about it.
Well in that case I told her I better get this email ready and send it to support. She said “if you do it soon I’ll keep an eye open for it and I can act on it for you.” Told her thanks heaps, I’ll write it straightaway. Seriously, she couldn’t have been more helpful, so when I read about how bad ACR support is, I just can’t relate to it.

Started to write the letter, when I thought maybe I should try logging into the old email, and wouldn’t you know it, the email was still active and I logged in.

Opened up the ACR client, typed in Donskey as the username and clicked reset password. I promptly got an email to reset password and wham bam thank you maam, I logged into ACR with my original Username and lo & behold there was real money in the cashier.

Got back onto live chat and asked for Anne O, she came on, I told her what I did and not to expect an email from me. She congratulated me, and asked me, “So did you see how much money you had in your account?” Yea, nice surprise. She asked if there is anything else she could do for me, I said no, you’ve done more than enough, thanked her once again.

Now if you look at the ACR Terms & Conditions
https://www.americascardroom.eu/poker-customer-support/terms-and-conditions/
9. DORMANT or INACTIVE ACCOUNTS/ACCESS FEE: ...................................................

ACR were well in their rights to keep all the money, but they didn’t. Now surely anyone can agree that this is extremely commendable, and reflects an honest and reputable poker site.

I withdrew the money I had on BCP and deposited into ACR, I would rather play on ACR with my preferred username, that is the only reason, I had no problems whatsoever on BCP. (by the way, had no problem withdrawing from BCP, put the request in one day and money was in my e-wallet the next day)

I know my game is out of date, so only playing the occasional mid stake tourney to get my feet wet before I get into more seriously. Spending a lot of time studying, watching twitch streamers and I’m probably going to do some current poker courses. (Raise your edge, Upswing)

I still think I’m going to implement my old strategy of only playing deep stack tourneys or rebuys/add –ons. I find that it lowers the variance a fair bit. ACR have ample deep stack & well structured tourneys in all the stakes, so even if Australia amends the legislation to allow poker (which looks more than likely) I think I’m gonna stick to ACR.

Yes, I do get frustrated and ****** off when ACR has DDOS problems, but I’m sure they’re doing their best to overcome this problem. Regarding bots, (if they exist on ACR) well I only play MTTs and as far as I know bots can’t do much in MTTs.

Thank you ACR, thanks for leaving my money in my account after all those years.

iamtoldurghey

iamtoldurghey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wpn is a joke.
i play there alot
its all us australians can really play thats decent .heads up sngs are good practice against russian bots or final tables and the colluding chip and chip dumping.

I normally leave out the constant 4 flushs and 4 card str8s

But this week i cant hold breath and say its just varience. Dddos .
aces cracked for chip lead 5 handed and 4 handed on finaltables in 3k and 2k
final table bubble qq vs 10s queens cracked
Jacks cracked first hand in 88$ 40k vs 88 .
thats ok so i rebought. I got jacks again next hand
allin pre vs j-10 offsuit he makes straight runner runner
All in qq vs 10s for 95bb pott on bubble of $66 #oss event #6 .
He flopped set
Aks vs random ace 4. lost in 4k
Ace queen vs qj 3 times lost all 3 in crucial moments
Worst 5 hours ever the last 3 weeks this site is wearing me thin .

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive had some bad runs on ACR, but overall i find its runouts and RNG in general to be the best I've played so far. At the end of the day, some people just dont fold...they make bad decisions and they get lucky. Ive had some of the WORST beats ever playing at BetOnline - so much so that i will NEVER deposit money there ever again. Nonetheless sorry to hear about your bad run. Hope it improves for you.

On another note to the OP - acr has always done very well by me anytime i have ever had an issue. I like their live chat customer support and the general grouping of games they offer. All in all, on of the best sites going to US players not in jersey or vegas.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds good, they kept your account.

B

B1961579

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's nice to hear this happy story about ACR support. What a nice surprise to find you had money in that old account! I have only dealt with ACR support people once or twice, over fairly trivial things, and also had a good experience. Courteous, friendly, and helpful people helped me both times, and quickly resolved my issues.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Funny, I'm probably closing my BCP/WPN account.

Tried giving them another go even with all the bad press...site is a joke. Constant software/connection issues, cartoonishly bad blurry graphics, same bot players 24/7 mixed in with rakeback/beast point nit grinders, and I imagine the continued bad press will just keep more and more rec players away.

I'm sure there's other options to play on.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on getting your old account back . I also like ACR and play there quite a bit . Good luck on your comeback , hope to see you at the tables .

Donskey

Donskey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive had some bad runs on ACR, but overall i find its runouts and RNG in general to be the best I've played so far. At the end of the day, some people just dont fold...they make bad decisions and they get lucky. Ive had some of the WORST beats ever playing at BetOnline - so much so that i will NEVER deposit money there ever again. Nonetheless sorry to hear about your bad run. Hope it improves for you.

On another note to the OP - acr has always done very well by me anytime i have ever had an issue. I like their live chat customer support and the general grouping of games they offer. All in all, on of the best sites going to US players not in jersey or vegas.

Yea, it was a pretty ugly run, but I've had plenty of bad runs hand after hand, maybe not as bad as he posted, on stars, party, full tilt and many others, it's simply variance, if you play long enough you will deviate from the mean, to the left and the right, the left hurts the right is bliss.

Donskey

Donskey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on getting your old account back . I also like ACR and play there quite a bit . Good luck on your comeback , hope to see you at the tables .

Thx bud, will be great to meet on the tables, what's your username on ACR?

Funny, I'm probably closing my BCP/WPN account.

Tried giving them another go even with all the bad press...site is a joke. Constant software/connection issues, cartoonishly bad blurry graphics, same bot players 24/7 mixed in with rakeback/beast point nit grinders, and I imagine the continued bad press will just keep more and more rec players away.

I'm sure there's other options to play on.

Maybe you're right, I can't really give a definitive judgement on the tourneys as I haven't played that many on ACR, but planning to do so.

But from the few I've played, the structures are great and deep, and I've gotta say, there are plenty of donkeys on the tables just donating chips, I mean they are really really bad. Sure there are some good regs also, doesn't take long to work them out, and then confirmed once I look them up on Shark scope but I've also seen them do some stupid plays, but heck I suppose we all do those.

Saw a pretty good red the other night call down over 200 BB stack (he was chip leader late in the tourney just before the money) with Q8os on a Q high board, Called off most of his stack from 3 barrels to another player who had AQ. Maybe they had history, the only thing that makes sense to me, if not gonna value bet the hell out of that guy when I've got the goods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's great to hear! I like ACR as well. I think it's cool they will let you withdraw without making a deposit.

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good to hear...I play on ACR as well...never had a problem besides weird popups I get when first log in...I just close em and all is good...see you at the tables...

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm cool with ACR. Though I know there is collusion on there although what can you do....and yes in an MTT any little thing matters. Much love for ACR from me but if Stars gets into my home state bye bye.