ACR 10$ freeRoll Tips for a Beginner

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone, I have played poker before on FTP back in the poker hey-day. Recently i have been scouting the poker aftermath, and ACR is looking promising. Can anyone inform me on how best to begin with the 10$ Free-rolls?.

Qod : "The beginning of wisdom, is the seeking of knowledge":eek:

jre1106

jre1106

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, I have played poker before on FTP back in the poker hey-day. Recently i have been scouting the poker aftermath, and ACR is looking promising. Can anyone inform me on how best to begin with the 10$ Free-rolls?.

I have won a few of the $10 free rolls but only play them when you have 3 to 4 hours as the field is usually pretty big.

It is a fun late game tournament with many loose players early on. With that being said play super tight and aggressive early on until 3/4 field is gone.

They start one right after another so you can start multiple at a time if you are comfortable with multi tableing.

GOOD LUCK!

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play super tight at the beginning, and once late reg ends, and the blinds go to 50/100 open up a little bit, unfortunately the best way to play these is probably close to an "all in or fold" mentality.

BillyG1871

BillyG1871

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My screen name on ACR is BillyG1871. I to play tight in the early stages of the 10 dollar freeroll. when it gets down to 100 remaining. The poker becomes more real tournament feel to it. Good Luck

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How tight should i play? I have heard 15% is about what i should be playing, but from what I have seen that seems loose.

B

brettlums

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the $10 freerolls are incredibly loose until about the last 200 plan on playing pretty tight until then

R1temp

R1temp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the messages above. In the early stages you need to play aggressively to fill the stack. This will give an opportunity to compete in the prize zone

DaFrank

DaFrank

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big dog!!

It's so simple. Play your hands. I have lost with AA and KK multiple times. Make the right poker play. PLay responsible poker and you will be successful.

"As long as you make the right poker play, you should not have any fear playing the poker game"

Quoted originally by
DaFrank

DaFrank

DaFrank

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the $10 freerolls are incredibly loose until about the last 200 plan on playing pretty tight until then

It's not that tight. It is not easy making it to the final table of the ON DEMAND 10$ tourneys.. There are so many Donkey's that you either better be very lucky or very skilled.

Good luck at the tables

DaFrank

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Literally just came in fourth in one of these less than an hour ago. I've cashed several times and won once in the last couple of months. I like to play relatively tight until I'm up around 10k chips on or before the blinds are at 50/100. I recommend:

- limping or two-betting at most
- never shove all in pre-flop
- only call an all in shove pre-flop with KK or better.

Best of luck to you at the tables! :)

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By the way, is there anywhere in the forums threads for how to study one's hand histories?. I have tried looking, but have not found anything really describing how to do so.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play super tight at the beginning, and once late reg ends, and the blinds go to 50/100 open up a little bit, unfortunately the best way to play these is probably close to an "all in or fold" mentality.

I agree with the first part of playing super tight early on. I was able to win several of these by simply playing tight and letting worse players bust out early on since most playing these freerolls are beginners. But you’d be losing value on some of your premiums if you played with only an all in/ fold mentality no matter the blinds. I suggest playing tight all throughout and shove/fold only when less than 10 big blinds

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hoody doodie:0) always play with patients when you get the cards you like bet good on them and hopefully they play out:0) good luck out there

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mix it up all the time with these $10 on demand freerolls...they happen about every 30 mins or so and with that short window i have a recent tendency to play much looser and much more aggressive - if i get knocked out, its no big deal because a new game will start soon - I will 3bet or 4bet all in with KQ offsuit, A8 suited, 44, 55 - things like that. Weaker, less than optimal holdings.

As mentioned players in these things from the jump are extremely loose and there's almost a preflop all in every hand for the first two levels. So i tend to try and get it all in multi way with marginal hands like 9T suited or QJ suited - things like that. Tight players in the hand will have AK, AQ, etc...but 4 players to the flop with a marginal hand is almost always more live than the better holdings...tighter players are generally holding and folding each others outs. Anyhow, if you hit one of these multi way pots and you 3x, 4x, 5x your stack from the jump - you are setup for smooth sailing and can run deep in these tournis. If you get it in and lose against a starting stack you've still got 3x or 4x what you started with, so it gives you room to play and call lighter than usual.

So for my advice - playing tight if you want to is ALWAYS a solid strategy, but out of 700 people playing, 550 of them are inexperienced "dont give a damn" type donks lol and you can put me in that category with them once in a while - eventually their little 95off will best your AK after your 4bet preflop. Like i said from the jump, have fun, mix it up - get it all in where you maaay be good or have a good chance of slamming a multi way pot. I ran into the top 50 in 3 of these events last night, tough enough to do on its own much less cash these things. I wish you luck, have fun with it and keep playing.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks everyone I will take it all under consideration. Just the few days that i've played it seems everyone is nuts in the tournaments.

guess i have to pull a dorry and just keep pushing, just keep pushing, just keep pushing!

jre1106

jre1106

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks everyone I will take it all under consideration. Just the few days that i've played it seems everyone is nuts in the tournaments.

guess i have to pull a dorry and just keep pushing, just keep pushing, just keep pushing!
Basically in these yeah. Honestly if you are looking to build a bankroll other free rolls would be a better start such as the card chat free rolls or any of the other site run free rolls.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Play ABC poker in the early stages and bet your monsters big. Get ready to get skull-drug by some shyte hands but its nature of the beast. Hell, you will see this even when you get ready to play real money so its good to get used to it.

Once you get near pay people will tighten up so take advantage wisely.

Also, there are much better freerolls for your time than the $10 ODs. Look up how to get into some of the others that have more payouts than just top 10.

andy112211

andy112211

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Waste of time ?

Hi, I kind of feel that the $10 ACR freeroll is a waste of time. First place only pays $2.50. Who wants to play for four hours and only win $2.50? I would rather deposit a bankroll of fifty bucks and go from there. I only play the ten dollar freeroll if I am bored.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Waste of time ?

Hi, I kind of feel that the $10 ACR freeroll is a waste of time. First place only pays $2.50. Who wants to play for four hours and only win $2.50? I would rather deposit a bankroll of fifty bucks and go from there. I only play the ten dollar freeroll if I am bored.

If that is the way you feel, i would be more than pleased to accept a donation on your behalf.

I am playing simply because i do not wish to deposit any money, and would rather build a bankroll form nothing, and to hone my poker game.

"Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting some thing different to occur, is the definition of Insanity" - Albert Einstein. ( Casual poker player ):cool:

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These freerolls are really hard to win.. better play cardschat or other freerolls
But if you play these I recommend to build stack more in early game

MagicDick

MagicDick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Either play super aggressive early on and shove all in with a wide upper hand range or wait until the last 2-minutes of registration and get in and play a bit tighter. You will be getting called a lot so my as well maximize the potential chip win. Play more aggressive when the players start to tighten up (Last 40 or so is ideal.).

I played a lot of these to cash in one. So be ready for that!

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play good hands primarily and avoid all ins early with the bingo donks that are shoving with any 2 cards. Small ball (play smaller to medium size pot) poker to build a stack. No need in risking all ins unless you have a very good hand. These players eventually weed themselves out. Obviously some remain due to running well but eventually they will not get lucky. Exploit them with premium hands especially post flop. Playing tight aggressive is my advice to any player in these tournaments. You can learn a lot from playing and witnessing many hands. Take notes and review key hands. The more you play the better and more comfortable you become.

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play just like any other tourney. I make decisions based on my equity in the hand. Literally started playing these yesterday and finished 14th in my 4th one. Make good decisions and you will be rewarded. Suckouts happen. If you just wait for AA, you won't make it far.

andy112211

andy112211

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did not mean to sound condescending

If that is the way you feel, i would be more than pleased to accept a donation on your behalf.

I am playing simply because i do not wish to deposit any money, and would rather build a bankroll form nothing, and to hone my poker game.

"Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting some thing different to occur, is the definition of Insanity" - Albert Einstein. ( Casual poker player ):cool:
Sorry,did not mean to sound condescending, I was only voicing my opinion about the freeroll. Good luck to you!

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Either play super aggressive early on and shove all in with a wide upper hand range or wait until the last 2-minutes of registration and get in and play a bit tighter. You will be getting called a lot so my as well maximize the potential chip win. Play more aggressive when the players start to tighten up (Last 40 or so is ideal.).

I played a lot of these to cash in one. So be ready for that!

Yeah this , you have to play a lot of these to win . Chip up early or join late and try to dbl up fast . These games are great for building a BR . I've

won a lot of these Fr's , once i won 2 back to back:D , the more you play the the easier it is to cash. Patience is key. glgl:)

Poker Tips