Here is my plan on becoming pro:
1) Work at a regular, enjoyable job for 45 years.
2) Retire with a secure income and comfortable savings/investments for mundane things like food, heat, etc. Even enough for fun stuff like vacations, travel, etc.
3) Bankroll sites with enough to practice and become profitable.
4) Practice until bankroll constantly increases.
5) Start removing excess for super
fun stuff, like a buy-in to the next WSOP
I am on 4. Started last 20 days with bankroll 1440, varied +/- 30 and now at 1440, so not ready to move on yet.