Phil Ivey Wsop

Jd0ubl3M

Jd0ubl3M

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone have any info on Ivey skipping this years wsop? I had heard he was out of the country playing high stakes cash but wasn't confirmed if he is going to be play the wsop this year? Was looking forward seeing him go for a bracelet.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash games in macau are too good to leave, although pretty sure he will show up eventually.......mainly because he should be aiming for bracelet's to beat the brat out of the title of most bracelets.

I saw some stuff on twitter about it all.

Jd0ubl3M

Jd0ubl3M

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I hear he is making a killing right now in those high stake games in macau! Hopefully he at least plays the 50K and Main Event!

A

aolguin3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wasn't there an article that said he was losing millions or something like that.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wasn't there an article that said he was losing millions or something like that.

the article indicated he was down 2 million online, but basically that he would likely be boarding his private jet and heading to vegas in time for the 50k I think....

https://www.cardschat.com/news/phil-ivey-drops-almost-1-million-and-eyes-the-wsop-12453

Thanks for reminding me though cause as soon as you mentioned article I now remember thats where i read the latest......I pretty much get my poker news from twitter and cc and forgot about that article here

timfbmx

timfbmx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope he plays the 50k that would be a shame if he didn't.

kasper447

kasper447

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first name that comes to mind in this regard - Phil Ivey, who has yet to make his debut at the WSOP-2015. According to Dan Fleishman, Ivey will drive for the championship players with a buy-in of $ 50,000, but this tournament is still a whole week. Undoubtedly, Ivey at the World Series is not enough, because it is probably the only player in the world that has a chance to catch up with Phil Hellmuth on the number of bracelets won. By the way, Hellmuth, in the absence of Ivey has already won his 14th trophy and it seems, is not going to stop there.

Many believe, not without reason Ivey greatest player of all time. Phil is still young, he's only 39 years old, but its absence breeds already rumors that the pursuit of laurels WSOP Ivey to bore. The final result of Phil's World Series was the 430 th place in last year's Main Event ($ 25.756). Earlier, he won his tenth bracelet in 8 games tournament with a buy-in of $ 1,500.

BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's worth noting that one of Ivey's continuing motivations for entering WSOP events was the high dollar bracelet bet. It has been reported that there are no bracelet bets this year.

Cheers!

R

RandyMarsh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
isnt there a big 500k buy in this summer? Im sure he will be back for that

BlackMember

BlackMember

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw news, say he just yesterday or today arrived in Vegas.

papi1207

papi1207

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that his time is over, run out of luck and now ...:joyman:

R

RandyMarsh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He played in the big Aria cash game last night. think he won a nice bit

skull89

skull89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've heard that he is in a hard badswing. His situation must be very critical to skip wsop.

BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've heard that he is in a hard badswing. His situation must be very critical to skip wsop.

It ain't necessarily so. Phil Ivey is a professional poker player. If there is more money to be made in cash games, that's what he's going to do.

Consider the many stories of people who go to the WSOP and never play a single event because the side games are so lucrative.

Back to Ivey, just a couple of days ago, he reportedly made one million dollars in just 48 hours playing PLO. That is a good business decision, especially now that the big bracelet bets have dried up.

Cheers!

Jd0ubl3M

Jd0ubl3M

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
For Ivey I am sure bracelets are still important to him but the cash games he enters are so big its hard to get away from them for the prize pool of the wsop money.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ivey, according to rumors, was killing some Azn businessmen for millions and they didn't want to go to Vegas.

Apparently, and this part is very true in private games with whales, it would upset them a lot for him to hit so hard and then leave, so he let them play it out....probably told them he had to come at X date that was mutually acceptable.

That's actually quite smart of Phil; no point in alienating the best whales on earth who are almost all to a man in China/Asia.

He plays poker for the money ultimately and has to run his business properly.

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the more a player is a professional needs to play where there is a lot of money but of course I think it is still important for the WSOP

almanik

almanik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No doubt tha Phil Ivey is one of the greatest poker players of our time. I know he have great results in poker. But every time when I have opportunity to wach translation of tournament where Phil Ivey play, he lose in very begining. Bad luck to me. Or to Phil Ivey? ))

M

m3th0s

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His poker game is on point. It his other bets like losing 1 million on a craps table in one afternoon that will run him dry.

4soul

4soul

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look he is back into cash games on 250k$ buyin on Twitch canal tv : PokerCentral :) .... HE is the king :D

BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No doubt tha Phil Ivey is one of the greatest poker players of our time. I know he have great results in poker. But every time when I have opportunity to wach translation of tournament where Phil Ivey play, he lose in very begining. Bad luck to me. Or to Phil Ivey? ))

Neither . . . it's variance. :eek:

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
why wld he Play vs huge field where he doesnt win anymore.. he s happy to Play cash games n milk those businessmen for massive Profit. or vs small field in a massive buyin game where he can reach ft n can win .. he cant Play vs hot super aggro Players nowadays anymore in big fields

limpnfold88

limpnfold88

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
he played the 500k super high roller bowl at aria but busted early. im sure youll see him on tv in the main event

WSOP