Phil Ivey returns to GPI 300

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The recently redesigned GPI Ranking by Global Poker Index which is based on information from the results of the players within the last 3 years, tells us that Phil Ivey is back to top 300 and is in the position 293 and also indicates Daniel Negreanu holds first place for the third consecutive week.

As data are reported that Ivey had been out of this ranking since September 2013, but thanks to their latest achievements back to top 300 :)

S

smokekush

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im sure his recent wins in Aussie helped... Go ivey go!!

soncheebs

soncheebs

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have I been out of the poker loop for that long, how is Ivey only 293, and with an aussie win?!

H

Henreiman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having something like the GPI is a little silly. Trying to judge players purely based off of their performance in specific events is just so counter intuitive. As long as Ivey kills it at the cash tables, he is a top player.

estefanetti

estefanetti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ivey and Negreanu are my favorites !!!

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Phil Ivey is the best if not one of the best when it comes to live poker tourneys.

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you hffjd2000 he has a way of playing poker that not only entertains but will also learn a lot from it :)
I hope the video of the final table out of his great feat.

B

Boriska797

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Ivey can good player. But there are players and better him! I consider that he is a fine fellow.

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
negreannu and Ivey are the best without a doubt

lulu pk

lulu pk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
negreannu and Ivey are the best without a doubt

They are the must famous that's for sure, but the best without a doubt i m not sure.
There are so many good players, that you can not say that they are the best.

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are the must famous that's for sure, but the best without a doubt i m not sure.
There are so many good players, that you can not say that they are the best.

I think Ivey is a better player than Daniel no questions asked.

Daniel while is very good, also has PS money that pays for basically any tourney he wants to enter.

P

pandagirl1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its foolish to think that tournament rankings have any bearing on a cash player like ivy

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its foolish to think that tournament rankings have any bearing on a cash player like ivy

Exactly, the guy is playing 200/400 online and 1k/2k limit online and only god knows what stakes live in Macau (1 house/ 2 house), so what, he's going to try and concentrate on a 1.5K donkament in Indiana or Oklahoma that isn't even worth traveling to for most pros?

Donkament players who pretend like you can treat poker like Chess or any other sport are tiresome...you'll never know who is the best, bc it isn't necessarily in their interest to advertise the fact they are crushing/pros to an audience that includes their potential playing partners.

Cash game poker is where people make a living at poker.....for the most part people can't survive on JUST SOLELY non-High Roller tournament play; it just doesn't work mathematically for the vast majority of players.....all the while people make 6 figure incomes just grinding midstakes NLH at the Commerce every day in anonymity....