New CA internet poker bill introduced

curtinsea

curtinsea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
California Assemblyman Mike Gatto has introduced a new internet poker bill for consideration in the coming legislative session. It looks a lot like previous bills, and will have supporters and detractors.

Briefly, it does contain a 'bad actors' provision that will keep pokerstars, even under the new ownership, out of the market. It also excludes the horse racing industry, which will no doubt bring opposition from them as well.

Here's the bill, I warn you though, it is a wall of text.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/15-16/bill/asm/ab_0001-0050/ab_9_bill_20141201_introduced.html

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty lame stars still isnt allowed in. I mean if someone can provide as good as service, I am all for it. Regardless, jealous!

curtinsea

curtinsea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pokerstars seems to have figured out something I suggested early in the year, making their platform available to all (or at least many) card rooms/tribes and share liquidity as a network.

If they continue to add partners they will absorb and convert their opposition, and we could see a bill go thru without such language

curtinsea

curtinsea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Assemblyman Gatto just came out with some proposed amendments to his #ipoker bill. One should make players happy is making the in-person registration optional rather than a requirement. This was a big sticking point for the industry, many feeling it completely undermined the entire point of online play. The other is making it a felony, as in WA State, for unregulated sites offering play to CA players

http://www.onlinepokerreport.com/15122/gatto-announces-amendments-california-online-poker-bill/

army-ninja

army-ninja

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, if the site is an international site, be held to state laws outside of the state. Meaning, if a person from CA plays poker on a server in switzerland, how does CA law effect the server in Switzerland. It should only impact the person in CA. They do not want to do that, because then people would actually fight for their rights