T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Ivey is back on FTP with new screen name- Polarizing

Polarizing is the new name he will be playing under on FTP. Some players received the following email:

Hello, we are contacting you regarding one of your full tilt poker opponents. The player in question plays under the username Phil Ivey.

As you are no doubt aware, we do not allow players to change their screen names. However, in exceptionally rare cases we do allow it. In this instance, we have made the decision, based on a number of circumstances, that this screen name will be changed.

From now on, this player will be using the screen name Polarizing.

Our decision to inform you of this change is also exceptional and is not our standard procedure. However, in light of recent events, we feel it is important to make this player’s opponents aware of the change to avoid any unfair advantage being gained.

Regards,Full Tilt Poker

Last edited by a moderator:
dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was it you who got that email? Or, is this 2nd hand info and likely a rumor?

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this is legit, I am curious to know what reasons they could have to allow the name change, and wouldn't it defeat the purpose to announce it?

bz54321

bz54321

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well his stats look like Ivy. :)

1318 poker hands = $189,808 playing Omaha H/L and Draw games

I guess they only e-mailed people who have played him before. But its legit.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this is legit, I am curious to know what reasons they could have to allow the name change, and wouldn't it defeat the purpose to announce it?

This was exactly my thought lol..

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Ivey Returns to Full Tilt Poker Under the User Name Polarizing
In October, about a month before Full Tilt Poker re-launched, the once high-flying online poker room announced that Gus Hansen, Viktor “Isildur1” Blom, and Tom “durrrr” Dwan would be its sponsored pros, combining to form a group called The Professionals. The trio created what became must-see-poker on Full Tilt before Black Friday, competing against each other almost daily in nosebleed-stakes games.

The fourth leg of that chair and arguably the poker room’s biggest draw, Phil Ivey (pictured), was not included in The Professionals and it appeared that for the first month of the new Full Tilt's existence, the former member of Team Full Tilt stayed away from the site. As it turns out, Ivey had actually made his return a few weeks ago, but it wasn’t until he was outed by the poker room that people actually knew he was back in action.

Ivey hopped back on Full Tilt's tables under the screen name Polarizing, as opposed to his old screen name, which was simply Phil Ivey. Those he played against received an e-mail from Full Tilt Poker informing them who this mystery player was. That e-mail read:

Hello, we are contacting you regarding one of your Full Tilt Poker opponents. The player in question plays under the username Phil Ivey.

As you are no doubt aware, we do not allow players to change their screen names. However, in exceptionally rare cases we do allow it. In this instance, we have made the decision, based on a number of circumstances, that this screen name will be changed.

From now on, this player will be using the screen name Polarizing.

Our decision to inform you of this change is also exceptional and is not our standard procedure. However, in light of recent events, we feel it is important to make this player’s opponents aware of the change to avoid any unfair advantage being gained.

At first blush, it may seem like Full Tilt is giving a famous poker pro preferential treatment in making this exception, even though the site informed his competitors so as not to give him more of a leg up on everyone than he already had. But Full Tilt did say in November when it announced that its Red Pros would not be retained that it would allow members of the group to change their screen names back to what they were before they were sponsored.

Seeing as how Ivey was a member of Team Full Tilt from day one and never had a screen name before Phil Ivey, it makes sense that he was allowed to come up with something new.

While Ivey was apparently back on Full Tilt Poker about three weeks ago, it wasn’t until this week that statistics on his sessions emerged. The tracking site HighStakesDB noted that he was Full Tilt's second biggest winner on Tuesday, scooping $145,600 from the $1,000/$2,000 2-7 Triple Draw tables. On Wednesday, he added another $16,440 to that total, plus another $59,290 in Fixed Limit Omaha High-Low. His 2-7 Triple Draw sessions haven’t all been profitable, however, as he lost $31,510 on Monday, the first day in which HighStakesDB has records on the screen name Polarizing.

In all, HighStakesDB has recorded Ivey playing 1,318 hands on Full Tilt Poker this week and earning $189,808.

Link took a long time to load for me.

Last edited:
JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did a search on FT for Polasrizing, and got this

ftnaaaa.jpg

But Polarizing does exist.

-

Deluxeliner

Deluxeliner

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm interesting...phil ivey has got to get in on the action. anyone know his username on stars?

H

homeplay303

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Phill was willing to use his real name the first time around wich is strang enough, Why cange it? If you changed it for personal reasons then why tell everone? There is no unfairadvatage you get 2 cards ang Phill gets 2 cards! Poker is skill mixed with luck and some bluffing,in the end its a game of chance!!

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He used his real name before because he was an FTP shareholder and pro. Almost all the red pro's did, unless they were knew by something better.

MadMaddie

MadMaddie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no unfairadvatage you get 2 cards ang Phill gets 2 cards! Poker is skill mixed with luck and some bluffing,in the end its a game of chance!!
Would this mean there would be no unfair advantage of players were changing their screen names. I have a feeling that the group of people who play the high stakes games is small enough that many of the players know each other and would have likely played one another quite alot. So if someone was able to hide behind another name or change the name they use to play I think this would be a big advantage for them and would be unfair to the other players.

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i guess he is playin mostly draw games. only matter of time til Isildur starts shippin off to him

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What difference does it make, he is still Phil Ivey? And, he still is a winner.

buzzmania

buzzmania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i havent redowmloaded tilt yet ,but curious even though we in the states cant play can we still watch the real money tables ,aka the pros play? though i play for pennies compared to them was kinda fun watching them throw the big bucks around.lol

S

sylpoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think thats interesting, and a funny name for him too.Eventually,everyone will know thats him again, that plays those stakes. So prolly not much of a problem, since they sent those emails out .

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is true and i'm killin donks with this new screen name they think i'm some kinda internet wizard

Z

Zin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So did Phil Ivey change his citizenship? Does Phil Ivey no longer live in the USA?

L

luckyhearts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So did Phil Ivey change his citizenship? Does Phil Ivey no longer live in the USA?

Excellent point, if I can't play, why can he????
Still pissed about the Full Tilt ripoff, every pro involved with thieves should I think be at very least apologetic, most (Lederer comes to mind) just took the money and ran.