Faraz Jaka on CNN

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
haha...great...definitely one of my favourite players....

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly can't give CNN, or most cable news stations, any serious respect anymore. The sensationalism, the errors, the silliness, the speculation. I long for a news channel that was just the facts, and that's it.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like this guy. One of my colleagues had the same experiences and lifestyle when he was young. Travelling in a lot of countries without travel agency. Planning the travel himself and living and - if it was necessary - working with the local ppl (since he wasnt a millionare). But this is the best way getting know different countries and cultures.

Yeah, he's a likeable person and seems to place a higher value on experiences than material things. He talks more about his lifestyle choice in this article:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/pf/jaka-poker/index.html?iid=A_BN_News

army-ninja

army-ninja

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought this was an interesting video and I did not see any opinion or sensationalism. It was just a guy talking about his life and no commentary from any reporter. I thought it was well done.

timfbmx

timfbmx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand how he equates traveling the world staying at the finest hotels as being "homeless". There are a million people out there that would dream to be able to do just that. He must spend a fortune traveling to all these cities playing poker tourneys. Must be a pretty fun life id say.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't understand how he equates traveling the world staying at the finest hotels as being "homeless". There are a million people out there that would dream to be able to do just that. He must spend a fortune traveling to all these cities playing poker tourneys. Must be a pretty fun life id say.

Actually, the point he made on the video was that he does not like to stay in fancy hotels because he thinks you lose the experience of a new culture. He slept on someone`s couch in Italy.

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually, the point he made on the video was that he does not like to stay in fancy hotels because he thinks you lose the experience of a new culture. He slept on someone`s couch in Italy.

Yeah, like the actress Shailene Woodly, Faraz is a couch-surfer , and also looks for low cost rooms at hostels and such.

He has a great post about "Ballin on a Budget" at his website. Worth a search.

I admire someone who opts to live small even when they don't have to. Seems like good brm.

I

IvanShovski

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Joe Serock is another popular poker pro who seems to share Faraz's philosophy and is a legendary couch-surfer.

DonSifu

DonSifu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Faraz Jaka Jaka! aka The Toilet. He's a great ambassador for the game!

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
he has said it before , he loved to save every extra penny instead of spending in fancy Hotels , Business class travels n so on . instead he lives very modest , in either dorms or someones Couch . and those saved Money he then Play high rollers ..

anyway he can do that cos he is single, but great Person he seems.