Dutch Boyd says he's broke

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So he's hitting up Kickstarter for duckets to write a book.

Video and story here, --> CLICK

-

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol why would anyone give him money.

spot anyone?

SicKBeATz

SicKBeATz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why on Earth would anyone want to read a poker strategy book by someone that claims to be broke........Not to mention he's asking for ppl to send money so he can publish it? rofl is this guy srs:confused:

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why on Earth would anyone want to read a poker strategy book by someone that claims to be broke........Not to mention he's asking for ppl to send money so he can publish it? rofl is this guy srs:confused:
poker players go broke. has happened to the best of them.
I think people might be justified in questioning the merits of his character based on his pokerspot and 2+2 dealings though.

SicKBeATz

SicKBeATz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker players go broke. has happened to the best of them.
I think people might be justified in questioning the merits of his character based on his pokerspot and 2+2 dealings though.

Are you going to buy his book and study his strategy? Just saying being in the negative column is probably the worst time to write a book, he should have done it as soon as he won his second bracelet ;)

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Taking poker advice and taking financial advice are quite a bit different. His shortcomings financially weren't entirely because of a downswing in poker, but also because(like many people who fall into money) he didn't know how to not waste it away on toys and lavish lifestyle.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hookers and blow strike again ?????

S

smidjet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i am not mistaken he has genius IQ and did college at ridiculous young age. if he is wasting such a gift on drugs and party he needs counsiling not money

P

postflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And i quote 'The things that make a poker player successful apply to all aspects of life.' So if I wanna be like him I should buy this book then.

ChronicFish

ChronicFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya if you wanna take X and bang doods that book will teach you the way.

J

JUDGE1018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think i will pass on donation and wait for the book to be published .Then go get it at the library for free lol,thats where i get all of my poker books,LOL.

Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dutch has won a lot of money in the poker industry, including all the money he stole from the Pokerspot scandal. He deserves a bullet, not donations.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow. Donations? Hahahaha he's out of his mind. I'm sure he'll get some though

Sad story really being I think he's a very knowledgeable player & has a lot of talent. But, oh well

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do loldonkament players pretend as if entry fees, taxes, travel expenses,staking agreements and the rest simply do not exist when analyzing if someone/or how much someone is actually bringing home from poker?

The guy has been playing for 11 yrs...and has CASHED for 2.1 mirrion.

That means he hasnt even CASHED for 200k/yr over the lifetime of his play.....

Now take out chunks because he admits he was staked, for taxes and expenditures from traveling and the like and its possible he made a very middle class income from his play tbh....

You want fun, notoriety and excitement, play your live donkaments.

You want the monies, play cash.

Oh, and anyone thinking he owes anyone anything over pokerspot is a complete nimrod at this point.

Personally I like both....but mostly played live donkaments bc the fields were so laughably unskilled I felt like it provided a break and some value even with the horrendous vig they charge live.

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow I am surprised he hasnt wrote a book yet.
lol.
but seriously I think everyone that plays poker for a living goes broke from time to time and there is absolutly nothing you can do about it.
as far as him playing poker he seems to be a pretty solid tournament player,his BRM on the other hand most likley needs some work.

TrailerPark

TrailerPark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lmao that douche bag lives just a few miles from me,and if his book deal doesnt work out then i got a spot right here in the trailer park for him and his ugly GF;)

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is Karma for Dutch. His PokerSpot online poker website stiffed their customers in 2001...according to wikipedia $400,000 of funds did not get refunded to players.

M

Mursilis1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He probably going to use the money from kickstarter to start his bankroll again. A few years ago I actually though about using kickstarter for that..lol The book is probably already written or is just a scam.