Collusion is cheating - Darren Woods jailed

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is actually a positive story as the players can still be compensated and the guy who went to a lot of trouble to deceive is ending up with some form of justice for what he did.

I don't think collusion works very well in poker. If you are "gifted" enough to run a scam like this then you are good enough to play properly and realise that you should play properly for so many reasons even beyond the obvious moral ones.

The higher the stakes the more vigilant the players. Eventually something bad will happen to you in life, whether it is getting arrested or running too deep with the wrong kind of people.

As for play money, some people use it in a friendly way to teach other people how to play the game. If two players are going easy on each-other it is not that hard to play against as long as they can't see your cards. I don't think it is that bad when there isn't much at stake.

If you pay attention, you can figure out a way to exploit their tendencies legally, or report them if there is evidence they are actively destroying the integrity of the game.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you pay attention, you can figure out a way to exploit their tendencies legally, or report them if there is evidence they are actively destroying the integrity of the game.

Often cheaters aren't good enough to beat players by themselves, looks like this was a person who could beat the players even without cheating, only used it to even make more money.

Also reporting them even when you know they did something wrong is sometimes hard to do, cause in an experience I had I tought I "knew'' someone well and when I tought we still were "buddies'' he even told me what he was doing and how he was doing it. We basically did get less close with eachother the period after to basically not like eachother anymore right now, but still it would have feeled like me ratting him out, altough it would have been the honest thing to do. The player in question got his accounts locked eventually , I even saw him multiaccounting a 15 player league (with $500 and 1k tickets on top for playing 4 games with points on both PS and FT) which was basically one of last signs on Rational Group pokersites, guess their security finally found out.

(feels good to get this of my chest tbh)

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Often cheaters aren't good enough to beat players by themselves, looks like this was a person who could beat the players even without cheating, only used it to even make more money.

Also reporting them even when you know they did something wrong is sometimes hard to do, cause in an experience I had I tought I "knew'' someone well and when I tought we still were "buddies'' he even told me what he was doing and how he was doing it. We basically did get less close with eachother the period after to basically not like eachother anymore right now, but still it would have feeled like me ratting him out, altough it would have been the honest thing to do. The player in question got his accounts locked eventually , I even saw him multiaccounting a 15 player league (with $500 and 1k tickets on top for playing 4 games with points on both PS and FT) which was basically one of last signs on Rational Group pokersites, guess their security finally found out.

(feels good to get this of my chest tbh)

This sort of thing is one of a multitude of reasons that I've been very discerning about who I consider to be a friend throughout my life. If you're going to make trouble like that or otherwise break a law without a VERY good reason (possible good enough reasons include "no one's getting hurt and nobody cares", there is somehow no alternative to it, or there IS an alternative but it's somehow worse) then I have no business associating with you on that level in the first place. And if you do **** up and do something outside these reasons and I call you out of it, I will not put up with ANY accusations of "ratting you out" because it's not THAT HARD to not do something that's illegal and harmful. If it is that hard, then you must have a reason I'd consider good enough, like someone who steals food because they're literally starving.

Cheating is cheating is cheating. Both Darren Woods and your "buddy" crossed the asshole line when they tampered with the integrity of the game, full stop.

Seriously, I can't even stand it when people TALK about stuff that would compromise the integrity of a game, even if they're blatantly kidding. Cheating is NOT A DAMN JOKE, it is not something to joke about. I'm GLAD Woods basically won't be able to play poker ever again.

army-ninja

army-ninja

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Especially when there is money involved. In the old west cheaters were hung out to dry!!

glenn6971

glenn6971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate the part of the fact that he was a good player. Was it because he was cheating? Maybe. Things like this make it harder to get online legislation passed.

army-ninja

army-ninja

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He was probably good without cheating, but wanted the quick gains.. and better odds

S

spstevens

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play money or real money doesn't matter ,if you will cheat at either you will cheat at both. No love for cheaters here ,if I know you do it we are quits for good .

army-ninja

army-ninja

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, cheating is cheating.. weather it is real money or play. Glad to hear others think the same thing.