Big one for one drop, whatd you think?

G

goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching this really made me have a bad taste in my mouth

The rich business "men" complaining about pro's taking too much time, being bad sports, acting like a woman on her period.

Then the winner of the whole thing wont do interviews...

Kindve made me realize that 75% of poker players act like children, then you have the more respectable ones like doyle bruson, dennis phillips, etc. But none of these guys can afford to play in it. So it wasnt that entertaining to me.

Id rather watch the main event any day where it seems like its more about the poker than the money. I mean sure, its for charity, but i dont think any of the players really give a crap about that charity.

I will say im happy vogelsang finished third after that rich guy katz wanna be tiger woods with his nike hat on kept calling clock on him :) I was rooting for vogelsang all tourney, I love his playstyle. I wish he had an online teaching site like pokervt.

Whatd you guys think?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry, you lost me when you tried to suggest that Dennis Phillips is respectable... :p

G

goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lmao, hes one of my fav players!

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is just an insane buyin.

Just imagine, you will get bust in early rounds with that kind of buyin.

S

slash407

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i watched it on espn. it was nice. i didnt like the commentary on it. it was as bad as the commentary on the EPT but the whole show was good. I must say the WPT with mike sexton and van patten do a great job compared to the others. most other commentator's keep talking about irrelevant crap and make pop culture statements waaay to often. do your job and call the action, talk about poker.

how did the soliman guy who dated pam anderson or paris hilton garner enough money to enter that tournament. he isn't even a poker pro no?

REALITYPOKER

REALITYPOKER

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoyed watching some of the plays. Was not real big on some of the attitudes that were presented. Highlight had to be the AA vs AA hand of course.

B

BubbleGumTurbo

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not just these guys, most millionaires are like this because they think the world spins around them.

avibar

avibar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Solomon is the man ,shoots cuple of videos sell them and play poker .must be nice

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont understand what kind of BRM they practice on this.Maybe some of the guys sell their stake to get the buyin.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont really like it, guess its good for charity

not many will have an edge

the reverse overlay makes it even less attractive

M

misko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I m not a big fan.I enjoy to watch the tournament on ESPN and this is great that they give 5 million to the charity but this is too much many to gamble whit.

Rain92

Rain92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Antonio Esfandiari gave a crap about the charity. He was really grateful on being part of it after winning the 2012 edition. The rest im not so sure.

G

goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just dont like to think that money plays a part in poker but obviously it does.

I was watching WPT and i forget his name but this billionaire shoved in with like jack high because he said he could rebuy if hes knocked out. And its like... why even put that on tv honestly..

anyways..

what is reverse overlay @teunit???

Also, yes i agree mike sexton is a great poker commentator and we need more ppl like him involved in poker. Hes probably one of if not my favorite player of all time

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what is reverse overlay @teunit???

An overlay is when the poker room guarantees more in the prize pool than the number of entries will cover. For example, if they guarantee a $10K prize pool in a $100 tournament and only 90 people enter, there's an "overlay" of $1000, as only $9,000 of the prize pool has been provided by player buy-ins.

The situation is the reverse in the One Drop tournaments: they take money out of the prize pool to give to charity.

G

goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ohhhh okay thank you. now i get it