sj_pi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apart from:
- long term hand analysis
- note taking capabilities

I read that Pokertracker provides ability to check mucked hands which helps you read through your opponents game and a huge advantage. Is this true? Or am I misinterpreting?

Do these softwares provide any real time help in making decisions during cash games? Need a suggestion compatible with mac and Bovada and I'm a US player.

If for example you can check mucked hands, from subsequent hands you can easily device a strategy when they play monster hands. A pattern can be deciphered.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read that Pokertracker provides ability to check mucked hands which helps you read through your opponents game and a huge advantage. Is this true? Or am I misinterpreting?

You are misinterpreting. Mucked Cards are displayed IF and only if the poker site provides the mucked cards in the hand history. PokerTracker automates the display of the mucked cards, but you can get this same information from looking at hand history.

Do these softwares provide any real time help in making decisions during cash games?
Stats are provided to help your productivity in-game, these stats help you mimic a live experience. In a live game you don't need PokerTracker, you remember your opponent's playing style using the brain - but online this is more complicated. The stats help mimic what the brain does naturally, but the stats only tell you frequencies of past actions, they do not tell you why those actions occurred or what cards the layer had when they took those actions.

Need a suggestion compatible with mac
PokerTracker supports Mac OSX
and Bovada and I'm a US player.

PokerTracker does not support Bovada. The owner of this network is on the FBI most wanted list and their offices were raided last year - play at your own risk. Bovada does not provide live hand histories, therefore you could not accomplish your goals of displaying mucked cards at the end of each hand regardless.

Top 10 Games