Carbon's new HUD/calculator

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was mildly surprised to get the email from Carbon today about the release of their own "poker odds calculator," free to Carbon players. I go look at the screenshots, and they've apparently licensed or bought out Holdem/Tournament Indicator! Complete with HUD!

http://www.carbonpoker.ag/poker-odds-calculator/

screenshot-4.jpg

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that is retarded

ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder if it work for all of merge sites

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ignore me. I managed to click the link and answer my own question. It was hard but I struggled through!

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm trying it out
never used a hud before.
For some reason, I have to drag the hud stats over the correct names??
Looks good so far,
just have to learn how to use it,
lol

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It doesn't seem to work on black chip,
just say's 'finding table'.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I'm sure if Carbon paid good money to license/buy this thing they're damn sure going to make sure you can only use it on their site.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grrrrr....Anyone else have zero luck in actually getting this thing to download? Not sure if the problem is on their end or mine tbh. NOT a computer person so.....

Anyway, in the highly likely event that I never get this thing to download.... does it really do anything that I can't already do myself with HM1?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grrrrr....Anyone else have zero luck in actually getting this thing to download? Not sure if the problem is on their end or mine tbh. NOT a computer person so.....

Anyway, in the highly likely event that I never get this thing to download.... does it really do anything that I can't already do myself with HM1?
No.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, while it does have some rudimentary player stats/profiling it's definitely not a substitute for a proper tracker like HM or PT. It's better than nothing though and to see a site actually promote their own just struck me as odd. They're the first I've ever heard of.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably the most retarded thing I have seen introduced by any poker site ever. All the money I have on carbon is coming off and going back on PS.

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do you think it is 'retarded' m8 ?
just curious

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because it tells a player both his chance at making his hand and the odds he is being offered. For some reason carbon thinks it is a good idea to dilute poker even more than it already is due to HUDs (that every player gets on carbon now) . It's a bizzare move and it is just going to lower the edge of players that aren't braindead morons and can actually do mental arithmetic without the need of any assistance.

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah ok m8,
I think I agree.
I don't use software or trackers 'cos I can do the math in my head.
But, I think players that use software/trackers have an advantage. (plugging leaks for one)
This free one from carbon seems to 'level' the playing field.
(for carbon anyway).
I think I will use it on carbon and play on blackchip as normal
and see if there is any difference.
Mainly I'm interested in analyzing my own game.
I'm only a recreational / micro player ($5 sng tops)
With some small profit.
I presume most high stakes players use some kind of tracker software ?
I can't decide whether they are good or bad , but you can't escape them.
:confused:

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because it tells a player both his chance at making his hand and the odds he is being offered.

Must admit I'm a little concerned about this as well. Part of me says the 'tards are still gonna 'tard and make ridiculous plays anyway, but certainly some percentage of them will wake-up at least a little bit. I'd expect to the level of play to gradually improve to some degree. Like you're always told when playing live and feel like giving free lessons at the table.... "don't tap the glass", "don't educate the fish"...etc, etc. Carbon's move makes zero sense to me if you're a skilled player. Now, if you're a fish, I'm lovin' it.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I presume most high stakes players use some kind of tracker software ?
I can't decide whether they are good or bad , but you can't escape them.
:confused:

I would say it goes even further than that. I believe trackers are used by virtually all high stakes players, probably the vast majority of mid-stakes and a fair amount of low-stakes players as well. They really are part-and-parcel of any semi-serious online player's arsenal. Not saying I agree or disagree with their use, but online, especially if you want to multi-table (as everyone does, or wants to) they really are a necessity.

I wouldn't even mind so much if you just gave the fish a HUD. It's an annoyance, yes, but I can live with that. But, when you start doing the odds calculations and estimated chance to win stuff for them, I think that goes too far.

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats the problem? the fish still wont know how to use it and many will probabaly use it incorrectly. It's not like a HUD automatically makes you play much better poker. as for odds caculators, Sky poker has had that for a long time and the play on there is still horrendus as people dont know how to use it.

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If anyone has used the carbon HUD / tracker yet ,
could you tell me what are the differences between that and
PT or HM ?
Is it just the same , better or worse.
Thanks

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If anyone has used the carbon HUD / tracker yet ,
could you tell me what are the differences between that and
PT or HM ?
Is it just the same , better or worse.
Thanks

I haven't been able to get the download to work for me yet, but from the screenshots I've seen, and from what Blue is saying it's doing odds calculations and % chance you making your hand on the fly. Regular trackers don't do this. they just display your (and everyone else's) stats. No projections and/or calculations are made. That part is up to you to draw those conclusions from the displayed stats.

I'm not really "in the loop" as far as what sites allow what, but I generally thought, in the past, that many of these "Indicator" type programs were on most sites banned list just because they DO offer advice on how to play your hand. HM and PT don't do that.

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks m8 .
Seems to me we are heading for games that are either
completely anonymous (no ID , player 1,player 2 etc.)
or games with super trackers that virtually tell you what to do
every hand
seems to be no room for actually using your own brain/memory/skills to play.

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't been able to get the download to work for me yet

you should get a pop-up to tell you what settings to use ?
Go to player admin and look at the settings for it if you haven't already done so.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks m8 .
Seems to me we are heading for games that are either
completely anonymous (no ID , player 1,player 2 etc.)
or games with super trackers that virtually tell you what to do
every hand
seems to be no room for actually using your own brain/memory/skills to play.

That was/is my thinking on this as well. Assuming, of course, that what is being reported in this thread is accurate. Like I said, I have not been able to try the program myself, so I am relying on second-hand information. If all this is true Carbon will be like the new Bovada, or maybe the anti-Bovada. On one site you know nothing, on the other everyone has all the information possible. Where does the actually playing poker bit come-in anymore????

Poker Odds Calculator