WHY the CRAP ARE TOURNEY"S SO CONFUSING!? What does 1A mean?

T

thejohnbob

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello I am a newer player and have mostly been playing SnG only because I can't figure out what the crap all the junk in tourney's mean! So today I thought I would try and figure it out. I get that R means rebuy but the tourney I am looking at says R/1A and I have no idea what this means. Thanks

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
1A means one add-on. Usually, in these types of tournaments, there are unlimited re-buys up until the first break, and then you can add-on one time during the break (it's like a re-buy, except that you don't have to be busted or down in chips below a certain amount). If you see a tournament that says 1R/1A, that means you can re-buy once as well as add-on once.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello I am a newer player and have mostly been playing SnG only because I can't figure out what the crap all the junk in tourney's mean! So today I thought I would try and figure it out. I get that R means rebuy but the tourney I am looking at says R/1A and I have no idea what this means. Thanks

It means that Rebuys and one "add-on" are available. The add-on is done usually at the first break. It gives you a chance to add more chips to your stack for a fee.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You can also (usually) set your tournament lobby filters to display only the types of tournaments & buyins you're interested in playing in. Makes it much easier to read.