what would be some good material to study on mtt's?

I

indahood193

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have been playing bad the past month and lost a fair bit after finally grinding up to becoming a slight winning player online, i am back down comfortably to a losing one. i think this is for 2 reasons- 1 i have moved up from $1 and $2 tournaments and 180/ 90 man sng's to $5-$8 mtt's and 2 i have played pretty much every single day for the past 3 months online. i haven't really been studying any new concepts etc and the fact that i have moved up in stakes means that my game is probably not quite good enough yet to be playing profitably there, and i have also been making a lot of mistakes down to an ever decreasing bankroll and last night just tiredness.
i hadn't cashed in any mtt's between $5-$10 before like 2 weeks ago or so. however i kind of came close to having a chance of winning the $8.80 500 cap when i was leading with like 40 to go, then lost 1/3rd of my stack with AJs v A10s and after that i got a bit unlucky and went out in 22nd (the guy who sucked out on me went on to win, so there is such small margins in these!)
but anyway, i feel i am starting to show signs i am good enough to play in these and win, but for the moment i am taking a break. so does anybody have any blogs/ videos/ books they would recommend? or any advice in general? cheers!

Chronical23

Chronical23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way I learned which you may or may not approve of but... I used to go to borders about once a week and just go to the gambling/card game books section and grab a book and read about the ideas and strategies in the book for about 30 minutes and then switch out... just to get quite a few useful strategies.

drdunks

drdunks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would definitely recommend Kill Everyone and Harrington On Hold Em Volumes 1 and 2 but I bet you already read em lol ;)
Good luck and stick with it. I would also say don't play when your tired or tilted, don't micro manage and drop down straight away when your roll can't handle it. Again basic but iv'e done my nuts not following that advice a fair few times now....

aero87

aero87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should check out "The Raisers Egde" by Elky. It should add some new moves to your game.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say a tracker is key in MTT's over the long haul...Also books that have to deal with mostly push/fold situations (recommended)...

I

indahood193

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thankyou for the good advice as usual. chronical that is a good idea my brother has some books on poker he just bought so i might do something similar and steal them to have a read haha.
drdunks i have been thinking about buying kill everyone for around a month now and have just never gotten around to ordering it, might do so tonight.
aero cheers yeah i will check it out.
and naruto i bought HM2 like 2 weeks ago and i find it brilliant, when i first got the trial version it didn't work- couldn't find my hero/ had the wrong huds under the wrong players. but i now look to see what tourny's i play in i am making money at/ losing the most. and i have since stopped playing some because i am losing a lot at them, and vice versa with winning.
also, i am sure you all will be happy to hear i am actually playing better now, won a $7 45 man yesterday and came 5th in the $3.50r when i got shafted with A J v A 7, could have got a really nice payday there as it was to go 2nd in chips. but owell, nice to be getting some decent scores again.