what knocks us off our game

Rawdeal1955

Rawdeal1955

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it the constant all ins or the player that pushes blind or verbal abuse. So many more and I find that it's the little things. Some players can put a few of them together by the you see it's all over. When you see it they use them as a tool to find your weakness. We all think we are better than that. You watch what they play for starters and it's what we consider junk. We wait till we get the goods you go in your ahead of them, ah wait you still have the river. You lost to the river all the your betting they are calling, we you guest it the call station. You lost to a player that jest won't fold. You wonder if your game is slipping you made the right move. He won the hand a has you guessing about your game.

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So you got your $ in ahead and lost...It's part of the game. You have to learn to deal with and suppress the anger/tilt to avoid future chip spewing.

Put in more volume and you will see results even out. If everyone's hand held, this game would be too easy. Don't let such a small sample take you off your game, emotionally. GL on the felts!!

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online, sometimes the right play is the wrong play.

Many book lines dont fit well online.

B

Bleached

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to know how cc regulars can keep laying one tournament after another online and keep their focus. I play a game (freeroll) it takes a few hours and I am beat, can't focus or stay patient at all.

Rain92

Rain92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker is slightly crazy cos many players just play like maniacs doing whatever they think is right so its very difficult to win unless youre sure you have the best hand. If so they go for it.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you know the old saying: "if you can't stand the heat; get out of the kitchen" :)

but seriously, it's just part of the game. You can't win them all. If bad beats are getting to you, it makes me suspect you don't have enough experience seeing enough hands to let it roll off your back like nothing....if you DO have a lot of experience and bad beats are still getting to you, then maybe poker is not your game.

To be successful in this game, not only do you have to quickly let go and move on after being served a bad beat, but to be a real class act you should be able to say "nice hand" as you slide villain your stack and shake his hand.

123andyp123

123andyp123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok i know bad beats and being beat in a hand by a worse player with a worse hand is part of the game.But do any of you players that were playing years ago think that something is a little wierd with a few of these sites ( i wont mention the sites) I played a heck of a lot online b4 black friday. I didnt even know we could still play online till about a year ago so i came back to online play. Maybe my memory is bad but something doesnt feel right sometimes.

jtholdm

jtholdm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad beats

U think what knocks our game oiff is the fact that when we have a bad beat or get ruined by a 2-5 off we tend to go on tilt. I have learned that to take a deep breath and resume the game and move on to the next hand is the best strategy Although this is hard to do I have come back from very few chips to win the tourney and thge person that played that hand did not make the final:)

T

thechamps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Outside distractions really throw me off my game. the dog,people complaining about the dog, the dog shit on the floor. She always has something to say when im playing a tourney. When im done she disappears and don't hear from her for the rest of the night. Really screws me up

Top 10 Games