What happens if 2 people are eliminated in the same hand?

Thinker_145

Thinker_145

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lets say 3 people are left in a tourney, all 3 go all in in the same hand and the one with the biggest stack wins the hand effectively winning the tourney. My question is how is it decided who is 2nd and 3rd? Is the one who had the second biggest stack given second position or is it the one with the second best hand?

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes that would be the case, or at least to the best of my knowledge it certainly would be because in this case it has created two pots. One with all three players, and another with just the big stack and next biggest stack, the initial stack would be claimed first (as is the main pot) by the big stack putting the low stack out in 3rd, and then the side pot putting that player out in 2nd.

Clear as mud perhaps haha.

NvrBlufn

NvrBlufn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah if the low stack doesn't win the main pot he is completely out of there, it doesn't matter if his cards were better than the other all-in players hand. Plus + he gets no action from the side pots.

If you are all-in playing a tournament you better be gunning for ALL the money in the middle, lol! All-in = no more decision making, period. No side pot strategies from that position.

Also, friends don't let your friends bet into a dry side pot unless you're at the final table and/or the bubble has already burst.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, friends don't let your friends bet into a dry side pot unless you're at the final table and/or the bubble has already burst.
Or you have the nuts and know your still putting out the all-in :D. In such a case its nice to put in min bets just to see if you can milk the other stack for some chips so that your make up your losses if by some suckout the all-in wins. But for the most part yeah its kinda the unwritten rule if the situation calls for benefiting from a player being eliminated.

NvrBlufn

NvrBlufn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Or you have the nuts and know your still putting out the all-in :D. In such a case its nice to put in min bets just to see if you can milk the other stack for some chips so that your make up your losses if by some suckout the all-in wins. But for the most part yeah its kinda the unwritten rule if the situation calls for benefiting from a player being eliminated.

I have seen it happen so many times. All-in bets into a dry side pot, forcing everyone out. What does the person flip over? An OESD, gut-shot, flush draw something frivolous and infuriating to the rest of the table / tournament players. I consider this really poor etiquette and very much frown upon it because of these times that I have seen this happen both when I am in the hand + when I am not, haha.

I can't curse them too badly though because I have flopped a set, made the nut flush and nut straight during these situations and had these maniacs go all-in trying to represent MY HAND! These bad players don't understand why I checked so they walk out of the poker room shaking their heads held low. It was me being courteous people! Never the less thanks for your tournament life, lullz :icon_sunn

I love checking a strong hand when other players will shove behind. PROFITTTT

J

jangalang37

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can say for certain that the person with the biggest stack comes in 2nd on Lock Poker.
Also I am the same way as you nvrblfn.

I really hate it when people push all in when some one is already all in oh it drives me bonkers.

But I love it when it works out in my favor of course.

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen players bluff with total air into dry side pots. sometimes fish just blow my mind

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands