Total change in direction :)

steffdbird

steffdbird

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay so recently I have been on a massive downswing that seems like its never going to end so after a lot of thought I have decided that I need a break from small stake SnG's just for a little while as my Br has been punished :( so after reading blogs watching videos and looking at my games I have decided that I will be playing satty's into big tourneys its a little ambitious with my current Br which after a severe beating is down to just around $30 so yes it is crazy to be playing satty's which will average about $1-2 per buyin so it will be a gamble and I can accept this at the end of the day I don't have a Br that I'm frightened to lose I can always deposit when my next pay cheque comes :)... So my main goal is what I have always wanted to achieve which is to be able to play the sunday million so my targets are sats which range between $1-$1.65 which gives me a few bullets which without sounding to ****sure I'm confident in my ability to achieve this target :) so over the next few days I will be keeping my head in books and forums studying as much as I can on satty's :D and if i get any interest in this post I will update on any progess also I would love any advice or strategy from you lovely guys :) thanks

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Um. Don't do it:dontknow:

Why not play satties to the SundayStorm instead? Far easier/better odds to win the T$'s & can actually build up your bankroll in the process. And play it & maybe TheBig$11 on the weekends. (extremely soft field in the SundayStorm & you won't be playing it with scared money either)

LgBassMan

LgBassMan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Why not play satties to the SundayStorm instead? Far easier/better odds to win the T$'s & can actually build up your bankroll in the process. And play it & maybe TheBig$11 on the weekends. (extremely soft field in the SundayStorm & you won't be playing it with scared money either)

+1 on this, I regularly play the $3.75 Hyper Satellites to the $11 Sunday Storm and then sell the T$ on another poker forum which I solely use for that purpose. There are other variations of satellite to the Sunday Storm but I prefer the Hyper formats as they help me improve on my shove/fold game and post flop play.

There are also $2.20 Regular Speed 36 person games with 6 people getting tickets to the Sunday Storm.
If you are looking at trying to get a satellite ticket into the Sunday Million you are either going to have to get very lucky on one of the 2x-Hyper-Shootout 36 person games where only one person gets a ticket or increase your bankroll and play the huge $74 6 Person-Hyper Turbos where 2 receive a ticket.

Also- you never want to put your bankroll at risk just because another paycheque is coming, there are lots of guys on this forum who deposited once and that's been the only time (not because they're super good either but because they practice good bankroll management).

Brandon

steffdbird

steffdbird

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 on this, I regularly play the $3.75 Hyper Satellites to the $11 Sunday Storm and then sell the T$ on another poker forum which I solely use for that purpose. There are other variations of satellite to the Sunday Storm but I prefer the Hyper formats as they help me improve on my shove/fold game and post flop play.

There are also $2.20 Regular Speed 36 person games with 6 people getting tickets to the Sunday Storm.
If you are looking at trying to get a satellite ticket into the Sunday Million you are either going to have to get very lucky on one of the 2x-Hyper-Shootout 36 person games where only one person gets a ticket or increase your bankroll and play the huge $74 6 Person-Hyper Turbos where 2 receive a ticket.

Also- you never want to put your bankroll at risk just because another paycheque is coming, there are lots of guys on this forum who deposited once and that's been the only time (not because they're super good either but because they practice good bankroll management).

Brandon

Hey poker and lgbassmen, thanks yeah I can see the logic here never really crossed my mind tbh forgot all about the sunday storm and the ''the bigs'' I guess the reasons I'm doing this isn't soley on building my Br really it's more about me proving to myself that I can perform well on larger fields :) my Br is important lg and I generally do practice good br management just at this moment the risks are worth playing to achieve some personal goals,

But I will take your advice onboard :) and I will play the sunday storm sats and some smaller daily bigs as if I succeed in these I can always use the $T to reg for higher buy ins :D I also may try atleast one sunday million Mtt as the fields look rather easy compared to others.

but thanks for the advice guys :)

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I certainly don't recommend playing at a level where you don't have enough buyins to meet or exceed reasonable BRM guidelines. That said, it's less important to follow BRM when you have a small roll that's easier to rebuild than a larger one.

steffdbird

steffdbird

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks

I certainly don't recommend playing at a level where you don't have enough buyins to meet or exceed reasonable BRM guidelines. That said, it's less important to follow BRM when you have a small roll that's easier to rebuild than a larger one.
Hi arj, firstly thanks for replying ;)

Yeah I too wouldn't recommend doing this if you losing your:: Br was tragic but the truth is I can reload if needed and I want a roll where downswings like the one I have been going through on SnG's won't threaten my roll if that makes sense. And in order to achieve this I will need to take the gamble. If I was looking from an outsiders perspective I would argue small stake SnG's are the best way to build a roll and they are but as I don't know how much longer I will run bad in these IT would just be slowly losing my Br ..

S

Scrover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could just try to hit and run and gamble. I remember my friend who accidentally put most of his bankroll (around $10) in a 180 man SnG. He ended up winning it and got around $500 at the end of it. That was an extreme case though.

Maybe play cash games (1/2 cent) and just shove or fold like I did and many others in the forum. Then if luck goes your way you will boost it up to $50 and you have a reasonable bankroll (but more is always better).

steffdbird

steffdbird

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks

You could just try to hit and run and gamble. I remember my friend who accidentally put most of his bankroll (around $10) in a 180 man SnG. He ended up winning it and got around $500 at the end of it. That was an extreme case though.

Maybe play cash games (1/2 cent) and just shove or fold like I did and many others in the forum. Then if luck goes your way you will boost it up to $50 and you have a reasonable bankroll (but more is always better).
Hi scrover Well I think although it sounds tempting I think this is more just short term gambling and I feel that this isn't something I would do as it is about as similar to putting all my Br on $1 bets on horses or dog racing :p so yeh this may have worked for your friend and some people on here but when I said I was willing to gamble I simply meant with my brm not gambling my money away as I would still b playing my A-game and there for not reliant on short term luck :) plus wouldn't doing this suicidal play be hard to stop as I personally would fear it could become addictive....

Thnks for your reply.:)

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the truth is I can reload if needed
If you're willing to reload, your BR is more than just the $30 you were playing with. It's all the money you're willing to use for poker, no matter how it's currently split up. That said, if you feel more comfortable having only $30 deposited and keeping the rest in your pocket, fine.

steffdbird

steffdbird

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're willing to reload, your BR is more than just the $30 you were playing with. It's all the money you're willing to use for poker, no matter how it's currently split up. That said, if you feel more comfortable having only $30 deposited and keeping the rest in your pocket, fine.
Hi :) yeah I would rather keep my money split its safer this way plus I can always deposit in an instant but withdrawls take 2-3 days :p