Tips For Spin And Go Tourneys?

R

RazKat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started on pokerstars this Month and Poker in General for about 3 Months and I've played a few Spins for $1, i lost 3 where $2 was the pool and won 2 where $4 was the pool but all games were tough as hell for me. I'd Appreciate any Advice at all when playing Spin and Gos. Thanks.

akyurukov

akyurukov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all you should really ask yourslef.. why they were tough for me ?
Is it because the players played good ;is it because of my play or is it because i dont know how to play 3 handed...
My advice: dont be scared to raise any Ace and when the blinds go higher just shove with A2 to A5s and A10 to AKs also with pairs 55+
Widen up your range of hands you play in the blinds and raise.but be carefull of 3-bets - dont call off when you know you'll be way behind.
As you may already know agressive play is the best play!

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
my advice .. pls dont Play those spin n goes.. it s gambling n less value.. Play sngs if u r starting poker.. gll

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Find info about push/fold in hyper that's all you need...

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have only one tip for spin&go, its bingo poker.

R

RazKat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are just very tight players. They mostly play strictly towards having Premium Hands or something off the Flop. Thanks for the Advice Guys, much appreciated! I'll research your suggestions and I only tried it out because of the Challenge on Pokerstars lol for the $50 000 shootout ticket. I'll focus more on MTTs since I usually make it to the paid Places.

DonSifu

DonSifu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gowd am i getting old? maybe it's because i can't play on pokerstars anymore, but i really have no clue what a spin n go is! Sounds like a hyper 3 handed turbo sng? If that's the case, I agree that you should foucus on a 'regular' SnG or play MTTs for better value.
You're better off flipping quarters at a hundred bucks a pop based on the spin n go format.

L

lucas00

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
spin&go

spin & go tournaments is more profitable than Sngo tournaments?

PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say no.These games (spin and go`s) are profitable as long as you win more than you don't. The format makes them exceptionally profitable if you are lucky enough to hit a game with a huge payout and you can manage to win that one..... As it is playing for $1 and winning $2 isn't that profitable.

Frontiere

Frontiere

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree its not that profitable , but if you hitting bigger prize ( i hit 120 USD on 1dollar entries) and win , thats another story. But if you play that a lot, you need to have more than 50% winnings to be profitable, and that is not imposible. :eek:

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree completely. That is why I do not like spin / go tournaments. In 98% of cases to bet $ 1 premium is $ 2. So it is with higher stakes. So, you have to win more than 50% of the tournament to talk about a profit. I do not like it. When we had a Cardschat spin / go tournament $ 5 just a few people to be told that the premium is greater than $ 10.

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(SpinnGo) One PokerStars player, ‘Bighusla’, has helped to show that they can be a profitable format. - google it and you will find more!

Answering for your question: spinngo has much more luck involved then stnd SnG tourney imo

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are no any strategy for this type (spin n go), you need more lucky than your skill so sngo's are probably better.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are skillful, spin&go takes away that advantage.

If you want to enjoy poker, play regular sng.

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the one hand , these tournaments can be profitable, playing all three players , and the chance to win one to three , but a very small stacks , players play very loose , and often go to the all In , winning can be very large , but the chance to get it is very small most often you can win only two more buy ins , or do not win , so I advise you to go play Sit n go.

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CC shared nice article on spin&go's just recently ;) i'd say go for regular hyper turbos if you like that kind of game, but then they're pretty soft - at least those with $1- so you might give it a try.
All that said I wouldn't say they're more profitable than different SnGs

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
spin & go tournaments is more profitable than Sngo tournaments?

Spingo also profitable game..Now is the best time to play spingos, because very more bad players and not many regulars. You can have much more ROI in spingos then in hyper sats...

enolan

enolan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with horizon12 in the post above ... there just happens to be enough weak player playing it at the moment to make it profitable.

In theory they shouldn't be profitable but my experience says they are. I only play them occasionally (when there is a promotion on) to try and strengthen my shorthanded game.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
those are gambling .. it s not poker...but ya it can be profitable if hit one big one

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the game has higher variance it doesn't mean it's not poker and you can't beat them and make them profitable in a long term

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in this tournament you need to know when to go to the ol in, and play more hands in position , because if you wait for a good hand , you can lose everything in the blinds

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they do not make sense to play. more to lose.

T

titomurcia1214

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spin & go really have to play with money you're going to throw no responsibility, no way no play strategy, if a tips can be risk and have great intuition

Dangerboy

Dangerboy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tip: Do not enter speculative hands! Do not give me a raise preflop opener for speculative hands full harness if it is more than 10% of people would. I usually give me a flop that later in case a suitable board maneuvers próbálkozhass profitable post-flop. Here, however, should invest in pre-flop, the conditional odds would be too low for this is too much. No longer can you fit-or-fold was playing. This also applies to speculative hands like AT, KQ or Axs. If you're under 10BB, BU and SB positions only play push-or-fold strategy. There is not enough movement comes from post-flop maneuvers against 3-bets are already either player rolls. As many of you want to attack the blinds with a weak hand, you go all-in right away.

Poker Tips