Thread for people who think poker is rigged. This is my record. I want to help!

M

MyStapler

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started to help a few guys/girls I know with the online poker scene. My tips have helped and they have gone from losing money to making money.

Abit about me. I use to be a croupier for a long time. I saw the same people make money. Yes, they would lose the odd hand and have bad runs but over a period of time they were making a considerable amount of money. So I tried to do it myself and by getting some books studying mathematics/probability/pot equity I gave it a go online. I have been successful but it is mentally challenging as life can make you tilted easily. It can be done if you do three things; dedicate yourself to learning the game like a professional skill. find the game that makes you money. stick to it and concentrate.

Here is my record and I have gone through periods of winning no money but I hope you can see from the graph that I have strong bankroll management and by sticking to my game I am getting wins to increase my bankroll. My aim is to always keep the bankroll ticking over rather than playing loose and crazy.

I can't help with cash games or sngs. I stick to what I'm good at and that is MTT. So if you need help or some tips or have any questions, I'm happy to help. Please remember what I answer is my opinion not a fact ;)

Attachments

• SharkScopeChart.jpg
    SharkScopeChart.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 81
micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This thread isn't only for people who think it's rigged is it? ;)

Any late game tips? Ranges you start shoving with from different positions when your stack gets down to X number of BB's? Tips on how to play as the chip leader as the final table approaches?

S

SnizzleKicker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sweet profits nice work :) What would be the 1 thing apart from discipline that makes your style or you any better the players you are playing ? Also as i said first nice work i,m just curious about opinion :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am tempted to move this to Tournament Poker if you intend to help members learn.

G

General3Bet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed im sure maybe soon u can do something on the inside of your trny play? It would help improve my game as i do cash games so im not only playing trnys like i used to. I would be a part of that thread. As of this one for those guys of course he should stick to the topic, talk about what it was intended for :cool:

M

MyStapler

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sweet profits nice work :) What would be the 1 thing apart from discipline that makes your style or you any better the players you are playing ? Also as i said first nice work i,m just curious about opinion :)

This is an easier question to the one above which will take some time to do. But I intend to answer it properly.

For your question...discipline is very important. Bankroll management is the most important of all as you will become less tilted even with bad beats. If the money is a small % of what you have, your not going to be affected by a bad beat. Well thats how I see it. On actual poker playing I think what makes me different from others is two things (they are sort of the same 1 is in practice 2 is how you learn to do it

1) I would say that in the middle of the game/tournament, I play hands like 88-jj and 89-910-10j suited extremely aggressively. If someone raises before me. I will re-raise 2.2 times. I will represent aa or kk. The flop means nothing to me as I'm playing the player, I have such a large range to work with as I have suited connectors or 88-jj that I can work with any combination. if I have a draw and he bets i'll re-raise again. Again my aim is to get his heart rate up and force him to make decisions. 9/10 times I get a fold. The only time I will not re-raise is if I hit trips and I'll flat call. But the aim/idea is to represent a strong hand. I will bet the turn again my aim is to get the fold. People will say what if they have aces. So be it. I might have two pair trips, flush straight draw. It is hard to keep calling when a player keeps re-raising you and hasn't seen this before. I'm in the players heads. I have lost some battles with this but my aim is to accumulate chips and avoid coin flipping. I won't push all in with a10 aj. You get two benefits from these kind of hands. If you get the fold, the table is on full alert that you are here to play. Any kind of aggression will be respected. If you get exposed and your cards are shown even if you win, they know your an aggressive player with medium range hands. So tighten up a little for the next few levels.

Play only aa, kk or qq in early position early on/middle game. The only time that changes is if I'm dominating

2) Its based on the point one but to do the above effectively then a good tip is this - In a micro event, put a small sticker over your whole cards. So your totally blind to what you have. Play the table/players not your cards. Learn to re-raise or fold never call when in position. When out of position always check, re-raise combination. Make the player you play against make a decision. Don't give them a bet - call - bet - call mentality. Make them uncomfortable.By doing this you get to practice playing very aggressively and in the middle game, bet-re-raise becomes comfortable to you. For the players its a shock to the system. I learned alot playing blind poker. I guess because I was a croupier I always guessed what players had. So i had some idea of betting patterns but it helps. It is like an extra sense. The more you practice betting blind the more you get to understand the other side of the table and that can be really useful when in the middle game and you can start playing a wider range of hands and winning big pots with very marginal hands.

I hope you get the sense of my point.

Last edited:
M

MyStapler

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This thread isn't only for people who think it's rigged is it? ;)

Any late game tips? Ranges you start shoving with from different positions when your stack gets down to X number of BB's? Tips on how to play as the chip leader as the final table approaches?

I will answer you, I promise it is a lot to cover though :)

A

adepoker11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in tournaments, when we have to be the first to talk about it is appropriate to do with cards kq, aq, if we increase the bet and pull us allin do

G

GSPchamp315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any tips for freeroll tournaments? I don't have problems getting far in sit and gos but I have problems in freerolls and turbo tournaments in general because the blinds eat you up very fast and I noticed two things: players just can't fold the aces (usually they'll go all in pre-flop) and they also can't fold if the have any chance of straight/flush draw however I don't know (yet) how to use that against them. :/