tell me where you can learn about MTT ???

developer716

developer716

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
already much play in tournaments can not seem to come at least in the top 50 !!! a maximum of 100 places finish what to do tell me=) maybe someone else have any tips ???! help and I just have to blast !!!:mad:

N

neverendingh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try reading the articles on pokerschoolonline, those covering MTT's. :)

estefanetti

estefanetti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best is poker school or intellige poker....
you can also see videos on youtube ... or read a book about that

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read articles, watch videos and play. U need play more and more and you will be better. There is a lot of strategy how to play MTT find something for you

warturtle7

warturtle7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a day or two per week just to study MTT late phase and continue playing

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read, Understand, Execute

Well there is a lot of stuff online that you can go through. Also you have to look into your game and find out which stage of the MTT you are playing weak and what are the leaks in your game. For this you have to analyze your game and find out which stage you went wrong and how. What were the hands that you lost that where did you go wrong in those hands and how could have played it better.

Lots of people do read a lot of stuff which is just the beginning. If haven't read much try the strategy articles here at cardschat, then there is pokerschoolonline, various books to choose from, i would recommend "the raiser's edge" by elky.
And always keep an open mind so that you can keep learning. gl.

developer716

developer716

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the hints started with video )

Always play quietly without nerves , but then the play of those who only came in poker is of course just terrible))))

I think that it is necessary today to finish playing ( you can see it will not do any good I'm up for today angry as a dog )

Last edited by a moderator:
GGC2912

GGC2912

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Besides reading and watching videos.......just keep playing freerolls and losing

I think its better to learn how to not lose rather than learn how to win lol :p

N

neverendingh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe try this too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiU_K27i0VE
There's a lot of parts. Wouldn't hurt to watch them.

What also helped me is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7YJG0_Uf7o
(there are more parts also). Knowing about the leaks in microstakes is very important, because if you want to move up you should already have those leaks filled and thus you avoid tough spots (sure, there will still be tough spots, but you will also change your perception about the game, which ultimately will lead to faster and better decision making).

But you still have to find out for yourself where you make mistakes. Be it in early, middle or late phase of a MTT, or if you have some leaks in your game which on the long run affect your transition from EP to MP to LP (you can get very lucky and bust some players and chip up very fast in EP, then you go smooth through MP, maybe win some small pots, but the you're in LP and you get stuck and don't know what to do from here on, you miss out on some great spots to steal blinds, etc.)

Playing cash seems a lot easier, doesn't it? :D

Robert131313

Robert131313

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On pokerstars there ara a lot of information about it,,,but u can also make some searches in google ;)

Himanshu

Himanshu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play freeroll mtt online its best way to learn

Rozay

Rozay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournament Poker Edge Training Site

developer716

developer716

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you very much today PTS have read a lot and saw a TD

S

SpookMBluffwell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well for me personally, I found in some cases my first initial thought about a hand usually is correct. Sometimes I get into bad spots for ignoring that. I would say use intuition and any poker math you can stand to back it up.

K

kmbpoker

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
the hardest thing for me was to learn to not be afraid of going bust.not saying to play reckless but if you are not aggressive enough then those that are will always have you outchipped and will punish you every chance they have.

S

Scrover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the things I used to be scared of (am sometimes still am) is shoving with terrible hands in the late stages. Like idk, just hands that you're turning into a bluff. So let's say there's about 10,000 runners in the tournament, I would usually bust around 200th usually.

When I started to shove my bad hands (not like shoving 53o UTG or anything like that), but like let's say you have 6.5BB and blinds + antes = 2.5BB with a loose player limping from the cutoff and you're in the button with 75o, shoving it with a tight image and people only calling you with the top ten percent of hands is a good thing because if you don't get called you are up to 10BB which is a 33% boost for your stack and even if you do you have 30% equity (it isn't a lot, but you will get this raise through often enough that it's worth it).

Poker Tells