R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Withdraw and use/sell the T$?

Just wondering if it is worth taking a shot at this tournament?

Anybody else playing/ played in?

Thoughts/tips/ reviews/ opinions on this tournament appreciated.

G

gotchips

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if this is on pokerstars i played the 250K on sundays when it was available in the US i won a $2 sat. to get in and won almost 34K by getting first out of about 42000 people... so i say if you have a little bankroll yeah they can be worth it..

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your BR, if $200+ is a substantial increase then take it.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's always worth it, take a shot!!!

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on your BR, if $200+ is a substantial increase then take it.
Well yeah I was thinking I could use the T$ either to trade for cash or play in SnG's which is what most of my bankroll has been funded from. (been on a roll with these)

It's always worth it, take a shot!!!

I know right I can't get over the possibility of cashing big for only $4.65. I have been going deep in most of the MTT's I've played lately as well as cashing most of my SNGs so it is a toss up on whether I play in this tournament or not.

More opinions and views/suggestions/ anything appreciated. :cool:

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's also important to think about whether or not you'll play your best. You'd have to play fearlessly to make the most of it, if you'll be nitting it up to go for the min cash, it's not worth it, just take the $215 until you feel you're ready to play this kind of buy-in.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I would take a shot, if you have buy in or if you won entries to the tourny

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's also important to think about whether or not you'll play your best. You'd have to play fearlessly to make the most of it, if you'll be nitting it up to go for the min cash, it's not worth it, just take the $215 until you feel you're ready to play this kind of buy-in.

This.

Basically OP; if you're capable of playing it like you would play your avg tournament buy-in as in, for example shoving wide when appropriate and not nitting up to min cash, then go for it. If you think you will be playing sub optimal then I'd just take the T$ and play a few decent $10.00 with good prize pools if you want a "good" prize pool with a good chance at making a decent score:)

Chances of making a decent cash in the SM even if playing optimally is very, very slim.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when your playing in a tournament with your lifetime savings as a buy in and others have the buy in for a min raise in their usual cash games,then you better be ready for some coin flips and some dangerous situations. if your scarred you will lose for sure.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the $200 is better off used elsewhere ie to pad out your roll then sell the $T. Variance in these tournies is a bitch. If the 200 doesn't mean a great deal then go for it.