Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m8WonP6lb8&t=51m50s

At 51:50.
Why go all in?
It's obvious you have something good.
Reiss just folds.
A good deal was wasted, as picking up blinds isn't enough at this point.
Should he not have lured him into playing the hand?
Value bet?

I don't think it's necessarily obvious. A min-raise that shortstacked might actually look stronger to Riess there, and he would have to call and see a flop.

I was more surprised that Farber defended from the BB all in with Q5s, although I estimate that he still had 38% equity against Riess' raising range.

A

aznman08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's necessarily obvious. A min-raise that shortstacked might actually look stronger to Riess there, and he would have to call and see a flop.

I was more surprised that Farber defended from the BB all in with Q5s, although I estimate that he still had 38% equity against Riess' raising range.

Well it had to do with his mentality since he practically ran over Farber for most of heads-up play.

C

cpgd176

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really that bad, Riess can call here pretty light with a ton of hands. Since Farber is now only playing less than 11M. And also, raising with that short of a stack seems a lot stronger. If Riess had picked up and Ax hand, or even some Kx, Qx hands I think he would've called and Farber would have a good chance to double.

C

cotta777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m8WonP6lb8&t=51m50s

At 51:50.
Why go all in?
It's obvious you have something good.
Reiss just folds.
A good deal was wasted, as picking up blinds isn't enough at this point.
Should he not have lured him into playing the hand?
Value bet?

I think rees has like a 16 to 1 chip lead. Farber has got a CSI - 'chip stack index' of 5 or 6 blinds.

Chance of him taking a shot to win the title are reasonable alot of players at this point will be pushing a wide range and reiss might call him with.

its a standard shove for a drawing hand at this stage imo he either takes 1.4 million to his stack or has a good chance to double up. He hasn't got enough fold equity at this stage to push reiss iff any decent hand

D

dominoXXL

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He went well all in..Why should he w8 for the flop? Maybe Riess would have hit a 9-7, set or a pair, and he would sucked with his AK.