Squeezing? When is it Good?

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello all, I wanted to Get some help with What types of hands should one really be Squeezing with? Also When should a Player should actually attempt a squeeze? I realize that A) It's a great move to have later on in Tourneys, but My Question is A) Who should you attempt this against? I understand against Tight players...Yet what if you have a full table of mixed players, then can you still do it?

B) I also realize you want to attempt this move when you really Deep, but exactly how deep is Deep that you want to attempt it? Also When attempting the Squeeze must you actually Push A.I to steal the Pot? Or would a Bigger Committing raise Suffice? I personally believe the Raising Aspect, When trying to Squeeze would suck for the Simple fact that if you get called your in Trouble, and thus the A.I Play is the best way to go, What do you all think?

DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: t71313 M = 19.02
UTG+1: t105530 M = 28.14
UTG+2: t11378 M = 3.03
MP1: t59957 M = 15.99
MP2: t29739 M = 7.93
CO: t29817 M = 7.95
Hero (BTN): t58044 M = 15.48
SB: t4675 M = 1.25
BB: t12944 M = 3.45

Pre Flop: (t3750) Hero is BTN with 9 :diamond: T :spade:
UTG raises to t3200, UTG+1 calls t3200, 1 fold, MP1 calls t3200, MP2 calls t3200, 1 fold, Hero raises to t57894 all in, 6 folds

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Completely depends what type of player UTG was. There is a lot of dead money in this pot and although you're obviously never going to be a favourite if called, you're hand isn't always going to be totally dominated if you are, so I quite like the squeeze. You're definitely deep enough that you won't be called very lightly.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
B) Really deep <?
Not so sure about this one..... I'd think it a) obviously depends on player reads, our image & effective stack sizes (& to a lesser degree, what stage/level of tourney it is).
I'm personally considering it more often when it's 'awkward stack sizes' (ie. player can't flat a 3bet.. but is a bit deep to 4bai).

... can't say I really like a 36bb shove here w T9o vs UTG rs.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
B) Really deep <?
Not so sure about this one..... I'd think it a) obviously depends on player reads, our image & effective stack sizes (& to a lesser degree, what stage/level of tourney it is).
I'm personally considering it more often when it's 'awkward stack sizes' (ie. player can't flat a 3bet.. but is a bit deep to 4bai).

... can't say I really like a 36bb shove here w T9o vs UTG rs.

Fair enough, then my Question is with how many BB's Left should I attempt this move with? I don't want to be so Small that they call cuz of the Price, Nor do I want them to be so Small that they call cuz there committed, So exactly how much BB's Left should they have and I have to make this play More Better odds for it to Actually be able to work?

Amroth

Amroth

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is not so deep, player in UTG and the first caller cover him.
Maybe a bit risky move in this situation.
Else, it would be better analyzed if we knew your image and table's image.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
He is not so deep, player in UTG and the first caller cover him.
Maybe a bit risky move in this situation.
Else, it would be better analyzed if we knew your image and table's image.
Huh? He's not 'so deep' with 36bb's in this spot?
I'm definitely looking for different spots than this!!!!!