Spin and Go - fast to get or fast to loose your bankroll?

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly - I won nearly 40 USD in these hyper tournaments and lost slightly over 30 USD .. it is about your luck but it is awesome fast way to make enough VVP to reach chromestar status..

This month got already +237 USD and lost 37 USD, those 200 USD are on the way to my bank account because it is high exchange rate for our crowns and if I will wait for decline of USD I may save few hundreds extra there :)

My friend dont know how much he lost in these spins but he won 3 times 3 USD spin bankroll of 18 USD :)

What annoys me in these tournaments are snails - they remind me of how it is like to play chess with someone.. :) Share your experiences here :)

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These games are amazingly soft from what I have seen. They are probably very swingy because the top prizes are so infrequent but if you can crush then may be worth it.

Although if you are good enough to crush then you should prob be playing other games.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's definitely a higher variance game than your standard Sit & Go's. If you're running well, you'll build a roll pretty quick, but if you run below expectation, then you're going to lose more often than not.

I gave it a try and didn't care for it. I'm sticking with standard Sit & Go's.

L

Locco

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lots of fish there, doesn`t matter the buy-in. This was made more for recreational players, and so far works very good. I personaly like the idea.

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tested in Stars.fr because I got 5 free 1€ tickets for deposit. Won 4 of them, opponents were really bad (at least in 1€ level) but with all just multiplier 2 so didn't win really more than 8€. Well, free money is free money :)

I would prefer small and medium-field MTTs anyday, though might be worth testing for some Sit&Go-players who can take more swings.

sandund

sandund

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Format look like a gambling to me, I will skip that offer. :D

D

Derusss

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion this type of game is fast to lose bankroll

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion this type of game is fast to lose bankroll

I would say that it is like combining Sit&Go:s with large field MTTs. Worse players, but insane variance.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
can somebody please explain to me what these spin n gos are?

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
can somebody please explain to me what these spin n gos are?

They are 3 player hyper turbo games starting stack 500.

Before each game starts a graphic comes on your screen and it spins $ amounts and what ever it stops on you play for.

This is the spin and go lobby with what you can win.

Temp

Slawa1986

Slawa1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not approve the change, the poker stars. Of the 30 games played spin, I saw only 3 multiplied by 5, the remainder is 2 and 1))))))). Yes, this is a quick way to get rich, but you can lose it just as quickly!! What happened with me. I'm not a quick game. So I don't play them!

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im lovin em now
also a few $20 wins too
d6790212c94da843fbe0a07b644c3fa6.png

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are 3 player hyper turbo games starting stack 500.

Before each game starts a graphic comes on your screen and it spins $ amounts and what ever it stops on you play for.

This is the spin and go lobby with what you can win.

View attachment 68277

Untrue it may seem that way but if you click on View lobby screen - you see immediately how much you will be playing for even before the finish of that graphic spin :)

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so, they've found a way to essentially introduce a slot machine variable into a poker tourney and shock shock the net house take goes up as a result.

I don't need to know anymore...I whole heartedly disapprove; it's just a smoke and mirrors way for them to increase their rake...

O

oreska7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah i agree on the opinion that these spin go is just another way for stars to get more money. I mean 3 players we all give 1 buck. Winner gets 2 buck. They earn more than 30% on each game. Nice bussines idea stars ;)

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a few of these games including the one

at Ipoker.TBH i never enjoyed playing the hyper

format even though i managed to win some of it,

it really felt like bingo to me.But its only my opinion.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Untrue it may seem that way but if you click on View lobby screen - you see immediately how much you will be playing for even before the finish of that graphic spin :)

What is untrue, everything I said is true, just because you can see it in the lobby straight away, what I said is still true.....;) most people wouldn't even open up the lobby screen.

RedCatPoker

RedCatPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
more gambling than poker. it is better to play hyper-turbo heads-up,than spin ad go s. I've played several times with 1$ buy-in, and the prize pool were 2$ for the winner. Not worthy and too risky to lose your bankroll.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i really wish i could play these, but the sne guys dont seem to like the volatilty

think it just makes it harder to predict and if you are "living" off the money you want to have as stable as possible returns

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah i agree on the opinion that these spin go is just another way for stars to get more money. I mean 3 players we all give 1 buck. Winner gets 2 buck. They earn more than 30% on each game. Nice bussines idea stars ;)

It seems to me that the only real winner of these Spin & Go's are Pokerstars.
says here rake is 7%
Ive played for $1 and won $20 (which makes up for the games only winning $2),
Im sure it all balances out in the long run to average a 7% rake you pay

and yes they are a bingo crapshoot mostly, but Ive also had games last more than 10min.
lot of bad suckouts too, but mostly because of so many hands quickly and the small stack hyper format
probally the same amount as in a slow playing mtt, you just see it more often when you play 20 games in 20 min.
f5ebe848f640431896cb570662e785fb.png

EDIT: its only 4% rake on the larger buyins

Last edited:
zEric7x

zEric7x

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can’t play on poker stars cash but the play chip client had spin and gos so I tried some just for the fun of it. From what I could see like 9/10 games are just normal win 1 buy in games and every once and a while I got a few 2 or 3 buy-in prize pools. I have never seen the supposed higher prizes pools 10 buy-ins or more. So in other words they play out like a winner takes all sit and go. I do not like the format of that.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management