Solid Optimal V's Loose Aggressive

C

cotta777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what is really the best game to have in your locker.

a typical winning TAG or solid optimal player, will be like ''raising with weaker hands such as KJ is bad, because your always gonna get called by better etc.

a tournament lag such as gus hanson will play 70% of hands in a tournament
or faraz jaka will play with rags just for giggles and take down pots,
(there are thousands of these type players)
im just giving an example

In My Oppinion
I think the tight optimals come from a learning background of working out odds stats,and variance obsessed poker fanatics. the attitude is like ''I can call here. or I have to call there, or that is the wrong play to make.

where as the loose aggressive player, will sit down and play the players
its a mind game like chess, they can make any play they want when they want
because an optimal player will automatically think he must be strong as hes a winning player and raising out of position or calling down a raise out of position etc,
or anything considered unorthodox, if a good optimal player puts you to the test and you dont show any fear, they will automatically go into , oh he must be good I dont have the odds to call etc, etc (unless they do the diff scen)

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah... methinks your view is skewed.

The only hands you see are ones chosen from thousands of hands. Jaka is not a LAG. But he understands reads and table position. So he'll pull that stuff occasionally. That's usually a keeper for the TV director.

You usually see Gus at a final table with a big stack. His style in this position is to raise, raise, raise putting pressure on the table. So it seems natural that you would think he plays a lot of hands. 70% seems pretty high. And I guarantee he doesn't make it to a FT playing this way throughout the tourney.

A view from the askew.

-

C

cotta777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah... methinks your view is skewed.

The only hands you see are ones chosen from thousands of hands. Jaka is not a LAG. But he understands reads and table position. So he'll pull that stuff occasionally. That's usually a keeper for the TV director.

You usually see Gus at a final table with a big stack. His style in this position is to raise, raise, raise putting pressure on the table. So it seems natural that you would think he plays a lot of hands. 70% seems pretty high. And I guarantee he doesn't make it to a FT playing this way throughout the tourney.

A view from the askew.

-

ok jaka maybe not a lag but he can play loose range any 2 cards your def right i know how much he puts in pretty much picks his spots and pots,
hanson he is capable of playing alot of hands and winning or final tabling thats one of the reasons he got so popular