Small Blind folds?

C

cyclone45

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any cads you guys won't play out of SB even if there's no raises?

Archer_eSp

Archer_eSp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i fold the bottom 20% of hands imo, or more if the BB is calling often

Archer_eSp

Archer_eSp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
something like this

Attachments

• 20p.jpg
    20p.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 39
M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on how loose or tight is the bb. But I'd say that I fold 30% bottom of the hands, when there are antes.

W

whoami

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there are one or more limper I usually limp as well in small blind as I get such a good pot odds.
(I'm not sure if you meant that everybody has folded or just that nobody has raised.)

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends.

Sometimes I raise atc against nits. Other time I have differant ranges depending what the bb is likely to do. In general I would play at least the top 30 or 40percent of hands limping alot of them raising some of them.

Again. It depends.

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing in the small blind our aim is to try and reduce the amount of money we will lose, so that we can increase our overall wins from the other seats at the table.

D

Delcycer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As others have said, I fold that bottom 20% - 30%, even giving the BB a walk, unless I have a good read and think they'll fold to a modest raise. Otherwise I miss the flop too often, then I have to get away with something (out of position) to win.

I also rarely limp in SB; for me it's typically raise or fold. The 'discount' of limping in the small blind used to be really attractive and I'd limp with almost any two cards in this spot, but I figured out that it's a terrible play for me - the outcomes are too often bad.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As others have said, I fold that bottom 20% - 30%, even giving the BB a walk, unless I have a good read and think they'll fold to a modest raise. Otherwise I miss the flop too often, then I have to get away with something (out of position) to win.

I also rarely limp in SB; for me it's typically raise or fold. The 'discount' of limping in the small blind used to be really attractive and I'd limp with almost any two cards in this spot, but I figured out that it's a terrible play for me - the outcomes are too often bad.

I would say it's also not good for table image. Later people will not respect your call/raises because they see you're playing almost any two cards.

Double edged sword when you get a good hand and win a lot of chips or get a bad beat because someone doesn't believe you had a hand due to the previous numerous limps you showed at the table.

S

scooba13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's situation dependent.

If early in the tournament and deep then I play quite tight from the SB - playing post flop out of position is a great way to bleed chips and even if you hit it's the hardest position to win chips from.

When the blinds are high I look at the push fold dynamnics - so the hands to play depend on the stack sizes.

Ducbim

Ducbim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will raise most of the time on SB if BB is too tight and do not have the habit of 3 betting. If I have the stack advantage i will always raise. The flop continuation bet will work perfectly againt fit or fold player. This way I can accumulate a lo of chip uncontested. However this strategy is horrible if BB is a calling station.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
think this really depends on format and villan

think its often a big mistake to play weak hands against a tough villan out of position

Folding in Poker