sitting out limit

M

mrbiggles

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no doubt there are rules in place for this but cannot find them.

What is to stop a person entering a tournament and then sitting out for nearly all of it & then swooping in to take a number 2 spot after everyone else has eliminated each other?

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no doubt there are rules in place for this but cannot find them.

What is to stop a person entering a tournament and then sitting out for nearly all of it & then swooping in to take a number 2 spot after everyone else has eliminated each other?

If somebody wants to do that it's up to them. Nothing to stop them but obviously they are being blinded out until they start to play. It's not a good strategy but you can get lucky and a couple of double up's and then who know's.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
They don't have any limits on how long a person sits out in a tournament.

There are plenty of reasons why someone sits out and it is not only because they are sitting out on purpose.

I love it when I have the 2 people to my left sitting out, it is perfect to steal muhahahaha but I am not lucky to have that situation :D

S

SwiftHax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Their stack is slowly chipped away by the blinds which puts them at a big disatvantage once they return and if they get lucky enough to win something, good for them.

M

mrbiggles

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ah thankyou, I was not aware they still had the blinds removed.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i know about rule at Microgaming that you need to join during the first blind level and if not you will be expelled from the tournament, but after that you are free to sit out all the time.

Katyushka4

Katyushka4

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
First they sit, but eventually leads to passive play "to eating stack player" blinds and antes. Then it immediately prompts to play a more active and risky. And well promotes a rise in the standings.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No rules.
After you paid your entrance you can do whatever you want.
People sitting out at your table change the dynamics tho, so you have to adjust to that...

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's more interesting is why this bothers so many players.

If you can't beat the guy who is literally folding every hand...something is very wrong with your game.

never be annoyed by dead money.