Sit and Go Double Ups

RegHC23

RegHC23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Boy I have really killed it on Lock Poker sit and go double ups. I play the 3 and 6 dollar versions 6 max and really have turned a profit in my last 17 days. I have an ROI of 50 percent and I am up 60 dollars in these last couple of weeks. What I want to know is how do you feel about this strategy and should i take a shot at the 15 and 33 dollar double ups.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
If you want to play double ups, try Carbon.I would suggest you don't get to carried away as you go higher in buy-ins, the opposition gets tougher.I play 3 and 6 dollars successfully but at higher levels I'm not consistent enough.

Shame about Lock, had a few dollars there also but have written them off.

RegHC23

RegHC23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thansk for the help people. I took a look at the Lock situation and it has had a lot of issues, but I am not selling off my money for half price. Thats stupid. I only invested 90 in the site and now my bankroll is up to 811 in about 9 months of playing with only about 44000 hands played overall regardless of stake level. What should I do? I love lock. I downloaded carbon before, but the volume at that site is not as much as I have seen at lock.

BvBrMTW

BvBrMTW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thansk for the help people. I took a look at the Lock situation and it has had a lot of issues, but I am not selling off my money for half price. Thats stupid. I only invested 90 in the site and now my bankroll is up to 811 in about 9 months of playing with only about 44000 hands played overall regardless of stake level. What should I do? I love lock. I downloaded carbon before, but the volume at that site is not as much as I have seen at lock.

I've heared some things about lock too yea, others say they can still withdraw tho, just try to cash out, and move on to carbon, yes it's less traffic, but at least your money is safe there.

By the way: how many games have you played? An ROI of 50% is impossible to maintain in any form of sng as far as I know, So because of the variance you shouldn't take any conclusions out of it.

Get in more volume before you move up.

Last edited:
ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play the double and triple ups on Bovada with some success. Try them.

A

alexb87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also kill it on lock. im about 75% on the 10.60 and the 5.50

Prophet

Prophet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like double ups. I think you have to win 6/10 to get your money back .
So youre saing you have 50% ROI. thats about 8,5/10.

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played around 200 of these at Bovada. Both $5 and $10. I finished with about 58% win rate which is a positive but slow grind.

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its probably the game with the lowest variance as long as the games are straight

F

Fanch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are good, profitable games with lower variance and swings. Most info I have read recommend 50 buyins for the serious DON grinder. Maybe if you get up 10 buyins at your current level, try 5 games at next limits. Best Wishes!

G

grandpajesse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played the DoNs. They have some real bad players for sure. I think that there are enough reg and the rake is high enough where I think other games are way better to play for profit.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
those that play the d u's on lock..what's your screen names? i play on them too maybe we can team up ?? hehe

R3DRANG3R

R3DRANG3R

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play them instead of cash games. i like the tournament feel of it. i dont like the slow pace of cash games and theyre like the combination of a cash game and a tournament lol

Z

Zin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dons are fun but there is no skill involved pure luck imho. The suckouts are out of control etc...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Dons are fun but there is no skill involved pure luck imho. The suckouts are out of control etc...

The skillset is different vs. other games but there is indeed skill needed in these to be a winner. (hint 'ICM' < maybe read up on it & see how it relates to bubble decisions)

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always liked the DoNs, 50% ITM is very achievable!!

and make 'em turbos too!

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course i wasn't being serious ..some humor i am a comedian...besides how would someone do that? say me and another guy were on some chat program feeding each other information how does that protect us from the other guys?

C

credsfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was grinding the $10 and $20 double ups on merge last month but have dropped down to the $5 games after my cash out. There are a lot of regs so make sure you know who they are and take notes on them if you want to have continued success.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always liked the DoNs, 50% ITM is very achievable!!
50% ITM is actually a losing winrate because of the fee. You need to win 58% in regular DoNs and 54% in turbos to break even.

Personally I prefer HU Hypers. DoN strategy is stupid easy and straightforward and they have low variance, so compounded with the fact they're boring as shit means they're full of regs, especially at medium stakes. HU Hypers on the other hand are fast, fun and high-variance, so they attract donks that I can run over. You need to play 6 DoN turbo tables at once, or 12 regular speed, to get the same play rate you'd get playing a single HU hyper table, plus HU hyper fees are smaller.

Last edited:
T

Tom102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Move up if your bankroll management says you should, in other news: get the hell away from Lock!