Sit and Go Choice and Advice

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have recently returned to online poker and have a starting bankroll of about $550.

I would like to grind Sit and Go tournaments in order to try and maintain an acceptable ROI and to work my way up to at least silver star VPP level on pokerstars each month.

I know we are all different but what are people's choice of Sit and Go on here and why? One table, two, three, five? Regular, turbo? Fifty-50? How many tables do people like to play.

I'm not looking for non-existant definitive answers, just opinions and experience that people can share.

I read that the normal nine-seater STTs are now very difficult to crack. Is this the case?

Any advice will be gratefully received.

italiano

italiano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well in my case my bank never came to be like yours, but it would be just a matter of adapting only other buy-in!
IMO you should play turbo fifty-fifty thing is done much faster I would say that the status of 3.50 would be nice obviously several tables at once! Then if you are trained and you could also play hups-hyperturbo of 3.50 and some jump very occasionally 7 dollars! This game will keep you busy, are fast enough vpp spread if you play a lot and you can maintain good status! The advantage is that they are short thus not become tedious!

Abedin120

Abedin120

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play fifty-fifty and 6 max sit&goes on poker stars, but sometimes I play and the multi-table sit&goes like $2.50 buy-in sit&go with 180 players and $3.30 buy-in knock out sit&go with 90 players.
With your bankroll best sit&goes to play are one table sit&goes: heads-up, 6 max and 9 max.
I don't know how better you are on heads-up, but if you know to play very well on heads-up , than the best way to increase your bankroll are heads-up sit&goes.
I don't know on what poker room do you play, but in some poker rooms like william hill Poker and 24h Poker, there are double-up sit&goes with 6 and 10 players. That sit&goes are also good for easy cash.

Last edited:
Dalsue214

Dalsue214

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play $5 SNGs, 6 max & 9max turbos.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started on the larger 18s-27s standard speed years ago but I really cannot stand to play them now.

My personal preference will be for something shorter, I enjoy the 6 man turbos more than others now. You can get a few games in here and there in you have an hour to kill where as 18 plus games will take longer. You will get to silver faster too.

I think now the player pool has decreased some due to segregation and increased learning and training by people has made the games not what they where years ago but I think if you dedicate yourself to improving you can do very well from most games. Its just what counts as improving.

Some players see playing many tables for rake important and will hit a stage where they are mass tabling to get SNE or SN.

This is fine but maybe for now you should think of silver as unimportnt and visit the games for a month or two and see how you go.

Centurion challenge imo 100 of each game!