Problems ITM

regd87

regd87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing 9 man SNGs and SNG turbos, mainly $2.25 at the moment. I don't seem to having a problem getting in the money however once I'm there I am usually getting dominated. Even with a 2:1 chip stack I seem to be losing and coming in 2nd and 3rd quite frequently. I am wondering if anyone has any tips so I can start getting more 1st place finishes.

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it sounds to me ike you need to open up your play a bit more here .
Seems like maybe you are tightening up to much and not seeing enough flops,being more aggressive with position etc...
At this stage the blinds seem to get rather large most times and can quikly ruin a stack if not using position well.

I

inflnlte

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're not having a lot of trouble getting 3rd or 2nd, just start gambling at that point. Whoever is aggressive during the late stages with 3 or 2 left have the bigger edge. Ive seen a lot of players that are tight cash but then they dont change their style and start getting bullied.

masondub

masondub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes people will take advantage if they smell weakness :]

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regd87 what's your button range when it gets three handed?

M

MSINIWRAD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea when down to final 3 and you have a 2-1 lead you really have to play fearless and control the action...remember that coming in 1st in one is better than 2 third place finishes

needaGF

needaGF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are holding the chip lead you can just bully your opponents with your advantage properly, such as frequent 3-bet of aggressive plays, especially when the tourneys go on and the blinds are significant.

snklzona

snklzona

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you are not adjusting your hand range enough to account for the
lessened amout of players...definately utilize your position as well...

N

nkrijeka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had this problem as well. I definitely am too tight when it gets to the last 3. Openning up my range has helped me win more often. I just keep reminding myself that a marginal hand is probably the best starting hand at the table with only two other players left.