pot size vs worse hand

D

DonkeyH3AD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for example when You are 50bb in the pot and someone rerasie You all in to 60bb pre floop
and You got for example 43 off s. You know You are worse hand than Your opponent but of course You gonna call next 10bb just becase pot is big...
and mabye suck out straight or two pair or any set...
The question is what is border to paid off opponet if we want to be profitable?

A

Acemeister80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont see why ud be at a point where uv already invested 50BB preflop with 43o but im guessing it was just an example. Which you would have to call in this case coz ur paying 10BB to race for a pot worth 120BB. So even if u were an 8% dog (which i dont think is even possible against one player) youd have to call because of the price. Even if your opponent showed AA faceup youd still have to call.

Google "poker odds Calculator" and theres a useful tool that lets you plug in cards to see what the percentages are at any point in the hand. And if youre paying less than what the pots worth taking in to account the percentages youll have more info to go on.

im sure there are people here who can give you a better answer but thats my 2 cents worth lol

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's basically a matter of looking at the pot odds and your card odds vs the opponent's range. So for example, if you have 43o and the opponent shows you he has AA, you're about a 17:3 dog. So assuming no other factors matter, you should call if the pot is laying you better than 17:3. You'll almost always lose, but long-term, calling will yield better net result than folding.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands