Poker idol

W

Woloda11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who is your poker idol ?? Who is the best player on the world ??

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best player, probably Phil Ivey. My favorite though is Dan Negreanu.

RichL

RichL

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love watching Hellmuth (even though he makes me cringe with some of his comments). Then there's thinking man's crumpet Victoria Coren. And who doesn't enjoy the talk when Negreanu is at the table. Most people seem to think Ivey is the best at the moment and who am I to argue.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I LIKE IVEY AND NEGREANU there always tough and read situations well,plus DANIEL is CANADIAN so like to root for someone from home.

fan_diaz

fan_diaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best player, probably Phil Ivey. My favorite though is Dan Negreanu.

I tottally agree. Ivey is in another level than the rest of the world. But Negreanu has more personality on a table. So, I also think that Phil is the best player, and my favorite is Negreanu. :)

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am surprised how many of you like Negreanu.

He is my favorite player also. Ivey is probably the best all-around player though. Him or Tom Dwan.

I watch a lot of Poker After Dark and High Stakes Poker on YouTube. It is very entertaining for me, and it helps my cash game immensely.

The reason Negreanu is my favorite is because he just seems like a cool cat. And he plays a lot like me (or perhaps I should say I play like him).

triplesyxx

triplesyxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DURRRRRR. Tom Dwan is the man.

aero87

aero87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
howard-lederer.jpg

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Jesus, but, Ivey is probably the best.

I

indahood193

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tbh i prefer watching some of the new and younger players as opposed to some of the older school players such as Negreanu, Hellmuth etc. can never get tired of watching Ivey, however. such an aura about him when he plays, similar to TW in golf and probably why he gets likened to him.
the past 2 wsop ME winners are great players- Merson and Heinz and they were great to watch throughout their tourny's. the likes of Blom, Galfond, Dwan etc. these players play a totally different game, and i play a lot more similar to this newer style than the weird way Negreanu or whoever plays. i actually boomed a hand where i 6 bet with J 4o i think it was haha. had to fold though as he 7 bet me so obviously had a hand haha.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
seems odd:confused: I don't see my name posted anywhere in this thread?

Juanes1913

Juanes1913

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Ivey, "Durr" and Dan Negreanu are the best poker players in da world!

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My poker idol is Poker orifice. Far after that and with much worst skills is probably myself.

4evertilted

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played at the same table with Daniel, Ivey and Durr a few times. I played Durr more than a few times back when he was a online player only. A very good player and will always put you to the test. Daniel I've played with once at WSOP 2k buy in and happen to knock him out and he was very gracious and even wrote about in his Blog. Ivey is just amazing and makes great reads and plays. Also seen him have 25k on pass line and 5k on numbers at the craps table to start out with. I would have to rank:

Ivey
Durr
Daniel

W

Woloda11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont have any poker idols... I only prefer my style of game :)

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Interesting that so many people choose Phil Ivey as the world's best player. Really? When he had to borrow five million dollars from Full Tilt? I suspect it's because he gets the most publicity.

I won £20 million pounds two nights ago playing against my wife. Last night she won £20 million playing against me. That's £40 million pounds we've won between us in two nights! Geddit? Are we good or what!!

To answer the question I much admire Barry Greenstein, having read something of his background - a genius and a man who tries to give back something to the world by giving all his tournament winnings to childrens' charities.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My favourites are Dan the man Negreanu, and Gus Hansen, cant believe he hasn't been mentioned yet :O

Oh and not forgetting my other favourite Poker Orifice :)

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like greenstein and brunson but lately like watching Dwan, i think that he is the best and maybe ivey

Paragon

Paragon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doyle Brunson- Master of playing tight and slowplaying monsters. He knows how to extract value.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like greenstein and brunson but lately like watching Dwan, i think that he is the best and maybe ivey

Dwan is very good. However, he spews a BUNCH trying to outplay people. Because of his image, he is just begging to be trapped and punished. But when his semi bluffs with gutter balls and bottom pair get called, sometimes he gets lucky....

Ivey is a better player than Dwan.

That is all.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dwan is very good. However, he spews a BUNCH trying to outplay people. Because of his image, he is just begging to be trapped and punished. But when his semi bluffs with gutter balls and bottom pair get called, sometimes he gets lucky....

Ivey is a better player than Dwan.

That is all.
He's doing that, I think, to build an image that will get him more action. High stakes players will watch him doing aggrotarded moves with air and think "lolfish" and play him and get crushed.

G

groggy44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ivey is clearly the best player in the world. He's amazing at reading hands and he can play any game you want. Omaha(no problem) Stud(pfft) Stud hi/lo(if you want to) Omaha hi/lo(go for it) NLHE(set your money on fire) PLHE(a slow burn) Mixed games(lose it 1 bet at time) Chinese poker(might as wear a blindfold). Ivey is clearly in a different class.
If it were just PLO or NLHE, I could say that durrr is probably just a behind ivey. I would love to see them in a bankroll match. $50million buy in. Take it to the felt. blnids $2.5k/5k. That would be worth spending $50 on ppv to watch. What i think would give durrr some trouble is ivey can be just as reckless and has no fear.
While I love Gus Hansen and his super aggro style, he seems to tighten up quite a bit when playing nosebleed stakes especially on tv.
Hellmuth is probably the best NLHE tourney player. He takes more than his fair share of bad beats. Although since people are always trying to donk him, he can build huge stacks early.
Brunson it's really a shame he's pushing 80, I love seeing him smack these young guns around with the nuts lol.
Negrenau tremendous player although he can become a bit of a calling station.